Silver Cat-5

Sylvester

I stood at the end of the gravel driveway the irritating sounds of forest life echoing around me, I texted him the damn co-ordinates at least half an hour ago. They should have arrived by now, I began to pace back and forth impatiently.

Where could they have gone off to? They had nowhere else to go and Balto knew it. Sybelle's rarity was astounding and most likely would drive most Feral men insane, luckily both Balto and I were born insane so she had little effect on either of us. Sadly that also meant that we were most likely to harm her.

I mulled over my thoughts on Sybelle, and then I stopped. What was happening to me? I sounded so goddamned normal, The old man would be rolling in his grave if he were dead. It was a sad day indeed where my mind drifted from tearing my own brother into tiny little pieces, stir-frying him, and then serving him to the woman he loves- to the woman he loves. Killing her might solve my issue, but it would cause far more problems than it would solve.

"Are they here yet?" I turned on my hell tossing my arms out to the sides.

"Does it look like they are here yet Samantha!" I snapped angrily at her, "Africans." I muttered shaking my head turning to look back down the driveway.

A rock bounced off the back of my head making my shoulders go stiff and my jaw clench, "I'm Jamaican you dick, and for your information I can't see much of anything!" She shouted at me.

"If you weren't more useful alive I would kill you."

My head perked up as the distant sound of tires slowly creeping their way up the gravelly road signalled their arrival. Letting out an exasperated groan I turned to look at Samantha again, her pale blind eyes stared blankly ahead of her. She looked normal, dressed in red jeans and a stripped white and red tank top. My eye twitched as I stared at the long black jacket she had on overtop of her clothes.

"Why the hell are you wearing my jacket?" I growled walking over towards her.

She smirked and began moving down the front porch steps as if she could see them, "Because I can." I was about to reach out to grab her but a sharp familiar scent caught my attention and I turned back around watching as a silver car slowly pulled up.

"Do you feel that Sylvester?" she hissed reaching out placing her hand against my chest.

I looked from her hand up her arm to her shoulder, fighting a growl I nodded knowing she could feel it. The car doors opened as the car itself came to a halt, Balto shot from the back in his arms a sickly-pale blood covered Sybelle who looked as though she were knocking on deaths door already.

"That woman, she is very sick." Samantha's hand tightened on my shirt.

"Yes, she is." I said grabbing her arm and pulling it away from me.

I ran down the driveway meeting them halfway, "Where can I set her down?" He sounded out of breath and looked a little nauseous.

"In the house, I have a bed made for her in the bedroom. Follow her scent in." I nodded back to the cabin behind me.

Balto ran around me racing into the dark doorway past Samantha who stood with her hands held in front of her like a good little girl. Her dark black hair curling around her feline face, Taryin and Sunny stepped out of the car moving a little slower. Bags showed under their eyes making them look far older than they should have.

"She isn't going to survive this." Taryin hissed his hand tightening on the top of the door.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be the optimistic ones?"

His orange eyes narrowed in on me, "I should fucking kill you." He snarled making me smirk.

"Oh really? When I'm the only hope in hell of saving Balto's dear sweet little kitten from dying a violent bloody death?"

Taryins shoulders went back and he moved around the door as if to advance on me. He stopped himself, smart man, I thought turning around and walking back towards the cabin.

"Come Samantha, I need you to look at something for me." I waved for her and she turned and marched inside right behind me, leaving Taryin and Sunny outside alone.

The house was filled with her scent and the sound of her soft whimpers, I could taste her pain, it crackled in the air like popping candy. Normally I enjoyed the taste of pain but hers, there was something more to it that I couldn't enjoy.

The first room that you come into was the living room with a doorway on the right leading into the kitchen. Heading down the left led into the three bedrooms and two baths. I had set Sybelle's as the middle room right across from the master bath so if she needed it she could have it.

"Such pain" Samantha whispered.

I pushed open the door and watched my brother as he crouched next to her bed watching her with such agony in his eyes that I couldn't help but smile. I had longed to fill his eyes with such a look, all it took was to have the woman he loved hover between life and death.

"Bastard this is Samantha. She's going to help Sybelle." I said stepping in so she could follow.

She moved into the room and gasped pressing her hand to her chest, "Even from here I can feel it. The ferocity, the monstrosity of it. There is a beast hiding inside of that woman."

I shuddered, "Oh goody, I like monsters best." She gave me a sharp look narrowing her eyes at me, obviously she didn't like me.

Samantha and I had a very shaky relationship, then again it was my fault her brother was killed and she's blind now.

"Is it her Feral?" Balto whispered standing up and letting go of her hand.

She moved forward towards him dropping to her knees, her forehead creased in confusion and she glanced over her shoulder with her creepy blind eyes.

"Something is off. Balto you did not connect with her Feral when you mated did you?" She asked placing her right hand over Sybelle's sweat covered forehead.

Balto shook his head, "I didn't even feel her stir."

Samantha shook her head, "When Fem-Ferals mate it is there animal instinct to choose the strongest male within their species."

I stepped over and leaned over the head of the bed, "Maybe her Feral's broken?" I mused glancing to the right at Balto.

"No," Samantha shook her head, "That is not it. Her Feral recognizes Balto as her mate, yet it refuses to rise for him. Instead it seems to be tearing apart her body. She is unstable, unbalanced."

Balto and I shared the same sceptical look, Samantha wasn't making any sense at all.

"You're useless." I sneered shaking my head, what a waste of time.

"Balto is day to your night Sylvester. When twins are born they are born incomplete to one another, together you and Balto make up her mate."

Balto shook his head, "No, mates don't work like that. She chose me."

"You are only half of a person, he is the other."

What a crack-pipe story. "Bullshit, I knew I should have killed you."

"Sylvester don't lie to yourself, you like your brother were drawn more to her than to your need to kill. You lay claim to her as a mate, because Balto did the same. What you feel he will feel, Kill him you will die."

My arms dropped to my sides, Balto and I stared at one another for a few minutes as it settled in. Fucking twins.