Silver Cat-6

Balto

I stared at the blind woman called Samantha my mouth going dry, what was she saying. I looked from Sybelle to Sylvester and slowly reasoning dawned like the sun. Two halves of a whole, meant Sybelle's Feral, her soul and body saw Sylvester and myself as one person.

"You understand what that means?" Samantha whispered in a soft low tone.

I looked back at her and felt my heart plummet, she couldn't seriously believe I would allow it. I shook my head swallowing the fear, "I'll find another way to save her."

Sylvester scowled looking from Samantha, to me, then to Sybelle. His shoulders went back and his chest puffed up, he had realized what she was saying as well.

"You want me and Sybelle to fuck?"

I flinched, "You aren't getting anywhere near her in that way." I growled glaring at him.

Samantha shuddered and rose to her feet as well, "You are to crude for your own good, soften up would you. She is conscious." All eyes turned to look down at Sybelle who stared at Samantha with wide shimmering eyes.

Sylvester rolled his eyes and turned his back to her, "What are you talking about." She whispered.

I stepped towards her opening my mouth, "Don't" Sylvester barked holding his hand out, "You dare tell her." He growled.

Samantha laughed, "Tell her, don't tell her she's going to die sometime." She began to laugh turning and sauntering out of the room leaving a disturbing trail of air behind her.

"I really am dying" Sybelle whispered shakily lying back down on the pine wood frame bed.

She curled the black sheets up over her trembling body, anger pulsed through me. If I were a human I would take a deep breath and think this through, but I wasn't and she would die if I didn't make the decision.

"If you think like that then maybe you deserve to die." Sylvester snapped crouching down at the head of the bed, he slid his hands along the sides of her face turning her to stare at the ceiling, "Close your eyes, deep breath in and let it out slowly."

She did as instructed closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath, allowing it to shudder out from between her pale lips.

"I don't want to die." She cried tears running from the edges of her eyes down the sides of her head.

Sylvester smirked and nodded his head, "Nobody does. Don't give up, prove to yourself that you don't want to die." Watching him interact with her was like watching a completely different person, he was kind and gentle when he touched her as if he hadn't killed millions of people just for the sheer thrill of it. Slowly I began to back out of the room, I got to the door and Sly looked up at me cutting me with his sharp blue eyes.

"She needs to eat something you idiot." He snapped, "Or do you not remember your own hunger when you changed."

I placed my hand over my stomach at the painful memory of being starved for days on end, "Right, I'll go get her something." I turned quickly and walked briskly from the room.

Jealousy seethed mixing perfectly with the anger, he was more useful towards her now and I had nothing more than support to offer.

"It is not your place to feel jealousy, think of what you have to ask of her. What you will make her do just to stay with you." I turned around the corner to glare down at Samantha who stood between me and the kitchen.

"Out of my way." I snapped trying to step around her.

She shifted stopping me, "What she is, it is a monster. That girl will not be able to handle the change of her mind and her body without another monster there to lead. You have all the tools at your hands to save her."

"What you are saying... it will crush her." My hands clenched as I glanced over my shoulder.

Samantha smirked placing her hands on her hips, "No, it's crushing you. The idea of letting your psychopathic brother have sex with Sybelle crushes you down. But it is the only way to lay dominance over her Feral. That's what's happening, you've been so soft and kind to her not exerting your power, a power you yourself are just beginning to understand, over her."

"She's not some submissive Feral, I would never dream of putting her through that torment." I snarled pushing past her into the kitchen.

I had watched the way it destroyed my mother I wouldn't watch that happen to Sybelle, she didn't need to be hurt. Her purity, her kindness, everything about her I wanted to preserve it. Not allow the blood soaked claws of my brother tear it apart and leave an empty shell of a woman.

"Just like your brother was just a weak little boy who needed the attention from his parents to grow stronger. Do you have any idea what they did to him?" I stood in the middle of the kitchen fighting my basic urge to turn and leap at her, blind or not the urge to kill her was on the rise.

First she tells me that in order to save Sybelle I have to allow a murderer who's been hunting me down for centuries touch her intimately. Now she's trying to worm ideas into my head that my brother's life was ruined.

"They beat him because he wasn't good enough."

"And they whipped him because he was to soft, They tortured the life out of him. His soul has been black and dead for as long as I have known him. But when he nears that woman it's as though he brightens. Your parents turned him into a cold blooded murderer, took away his love of life."

"He was happy!" I shouted spinning on her, I had just about had it with her.

She narrowed her blind foggy eyes at me, "How do you know that? Have you asked him if what you did was what he wanted?" she stepped into the room and I felt her power fan out like the roots of a tree wrapping and coiling into the ground.

"I need to make her something to eat. Leave me alone." I murmured turning away from her, I had questioned myself for far too long.

What I had done back then had been the right thing to do, he deserved their love and attention. He was their White Cat. I was just their throw back of a son, Black Cat. I stood over the stove making soup, it was one of the only things in the cupboards.

I would send Taryin and Sunny into town tomorrow to get some more. I had a feeling we would be here for a while. Samantha leaned against the stainless steel fridge that towered over her curvy build, she was silent but I could feel her words in the air unspoken and just out of hearing.

"If your brother was truly happy with your decision, why does he hate you so much?" I ignored her the best I could lifting up the bowel of hot vegetable soup, carrying it back through the hallways to the back room where I had left them a few minutes ago.

What I saw though when I walked into the room froze me in the doorway, Sylvester lay curled against Sybelle's chest. Her arms were wrapped around his back and underneath his head holding me in a protective pose. It even looked as though she had tried to pull the blankets over top of him because they half lay on, half off of his legs and arms.

I remember sleeping with him like that, it used to be the only way he would sleep at night. He had always been afraid that our Father would storm into the room and drag him away somewhere horrid and dark. I guess even back then they had been more focused on him, more focused on moulding him into the perfect son.

Making sure I made no sound I walked into the bedroom setting the bowl down on the bedside table next to the little lamp before making my way around to pull the blankets up over them both. As I was doing so it finally fit, I had to. If I wanted to keep Sybelle the way she was I had to let her into my world. Going back into it would be a challenge for me as well, but I would be there for her, her and my brother.