seventeen

Kanak remembered her father, she remembered how he used to play with her, she remembered how he used to fake his defeat, she remembered how he loved to get defeated. And she also remembered the defeat in his eyes when he had met her the last time, his defeat to make his little daughter understand that he wasn't a monster.

A tear escaped from her eyes without acknowledging it's presence.

***

Whatever a human does, it's not because he is capable to do so, but because of his need to do so. Human never breathes because he's able to, but because he needs to, because his death would be guaranteed if he doesn't.

Kanak wasn't depressed from her past. She knew what had happened, what no one ever tried to get hold of, what only a good friend of her father knew. She knew that her father wasn't guilty but had went against his conscience and left her alone with her mother. She wouldn't do that, wouldn't be depressed for what she wasn't responsible and wouldn't make her mind frenzy with all the thoughts.

She needed that kind of peace in her life and she was trying to get it.

That oxygen entering her lungs were the proof that she was alive and she wanted to live. Because as she used to say, life was magical.