one

Who wasn't uncertain?

Even atoms were uncertain about their identity and we humans- made by them- were a total mess. We were uncertain about what we did, what we should do, and what was right to do, as if that solved up uncertainty. We were uncertain about our own identity and even about why we were born, raised and would die. And we were living each passing moment with this same uncanny uncertainty.

But she wasn't uncertain about one thing –her love for science. She wanted to be a scientist, a person whom people undoubtedly put up as a 'crazy nomad'. But she was neither mentally abnormal nor certainly stable, she was somewhere in between the two, the passing lines, the borders to touch.

Her dreams were filled with the possibilities of inventions and discoveries. Uncertainty in her thoughts was about getting her favorite book from the library, not about her life or science for sure.

She lived in a land far away from uncertainty and small certainty between the Lysogenic or Lytic lifecycle of Virus, or Quantum Mechanics.

"Kanak, I asked what does Au stands for?"

And just like that she was away from her world of certainty. Just a small certain dreamland, possibilities of string theory to be true, an alternate universe of life.

"It stands for Kanak... Au stands for Gold."

---