thirteen

"You talk so much, Bhaskar, aren't you tired of it?"

She was smiling, her face heating up like she had asked him how he feels to be a guy. It was surreal for her that she was actually trying to initiate, to talk. And all she did was to make him look like a loon.

He opened his mouth to answer her but closed it. What was he supposed to do? He never rambled to anyone like he did with her. Should he say the truth that he liked to talk to her or should hide it.

Yes, he was a chatterbox, but not as much as he was with her. He thought how everything got reverted, how his mission of freeing a bird out of cage turned to make her fly with him.

And why he was suddenly worried about things which had changed past the time. Was he astounded by his behavior or her's? Was it his new attraction towards science or... toward her.

"Nope... I don't think I would be tired, ever..."

And he smiled watching the pink of her cheeks.

***

"Maa, what's dinner?"

She was a tad bit early that day, and also quite hungry. It was a hard workout for her, to talk and laugh. She never knew that laughing felt so good. What was the last time when she had laughed aloud? May be when she was in primary school or before her father left them.

Nostalgic.

Just the memory dampened her mood and she swiftly moved to her loneliness, to her cage.

"Your favorite, Sona, Aloo Paratha."

And it was his favorite too, Maa...

She was quite, her mind screaming out inside.