t3N

////(Your POV)////

You quickly threw all your belongings in you backpack. Gaster waited patiently by the door as you collected your belongings. You tried to wipe sleep from your eyes as you reached for your (f/c) hoodie. Gaster told you that you were going to leave early but even so the bags under your eyes announced that sleep beaconed to you. After double checking that you didn't leave anything behind, you slung the backpack over your shoulder and walked over to Gaster. "Okey, I think I'm ready."

Gaster nodded. "Then we shall commence." The day was clear and for once, snow was not falling from the sky. You were grateful for that. Although you loved the white scenery, it's cold was harsh and you were thrilled by the lack of snow in the air. You looked at everything in new found awe. 

You huddled near the tall skeleton. He didn't provide much warmth. "Gaster? How much longer until we're out of Snowdin? I'm starting to get really cold." You could see your breath with every word you said. Not far into the journey and you could already couldn't feel your finger tips.

Gaster looked down at you with a look you couldn't quite describe. He touched your shoulder and pulled you a bit closer to him. "Not much further (Y/N). Eventually we will arrive at the Waterfall andyou can warm up there." Your face lit up in excitement. Gaster looked straight ahead. It almost looked like he was expecting something, or maybe someone. Each step he took was careful as his black dress shoes left tracks in the snow. "Gaster? Are you alright?"

 He didn't respond. He scanned the horizon, then on either side of where the pair of you were walking. Finally his eyes landed on your worried (e/c) ones. You cold feel his body relax slightly. "Don't fret (Y/N), I'm fine. I was just experiencing a little...déjà vu."

You assumed it must of been his nightmare from the previous night. You wanted to help him. But you mainly wanted to ensure he completely trusted you. There was only one way you could do that, but it means that you would have to expose yourself. You inhaled the crisp air. "Gaster, I need to tell you something."

Gaster looked down at your trembling hands and pulled you closer to him reassuringly. "You can tell me anything (Y/N)."

"I-well...when I fell down here, to the Underground, I had bad intentions." You told him everything. You told him about meeting Toriel and how you fainted when she talked. You told him about how she took you in but you left her anyway. You told him about meeting Sans and Papyrus and how you were to blame for Sans horrible puns. You even explained how you fails at teaching Undyne and Papyrus how to cook spaghetti. Mainly, you explained why you came looking for him in the first place. Gaster didn't interrupt once. He listened to every word you said and how you said it. You were grateful he didn't ask questions. "My father was so close to me. I blamed the monsters for his death. That was until I met Prince Asgore I learned from him that a lot of monsters lost their lives too. Including his father." You felt hot tears roll down your face. You hated crying, especially in front of other people. You took interest in your toes as you tried to not sniffle. "One night, I had a dream that I got what I wanted. In the dream, human soldiers came down to the Underground and...they killed everyone. And it was all my fault. But I saw you in that dream. You were dying while holding on to Sans and Papyrus. You said all of this, the death and tragedy, was my doing. You said that I chose genocide. That's why I hanged my mind. That's why I have to leave the Underground rather I like it or not."

Gaster was silent for awhile. You didn't look up at him but could imagine him having the same face he always does when he is thinking. "I haven't met many humans. As a matter of fact, you are the first one I have met. I discovered a great difference between humans and monsters. Human souls are much stronger. They feel things that monsters don't. And you, (Y/N), are the most magnificent being I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The first time we met, I wanted to know everything about you. I wanted you all to myself. I know you would never  want to hurt a monster." Gaster stopped walking to grab your chin and gently forced you to look at him. "Even I had my own selfish desires when it came to you." You blushed slightly at his statement. "Even though you had antipathy toward monsters when you came here, it's obvious you changed."