3igHt

////(Your POV)////

You rubbed your neck nervously as Papyrus nagged Sans about the sock on the floor. After all, you were somewhat the reason it was there. You looked back at Gaster who still looked tired but amused at the scene before him. "C'mon bro," Sans said from the sofa he was laying on. "All those snowball fights really socked the energy out of me."

Sans terrible pun only seemed to ignite Papyrus' frustration. "Sans! I, the great Papyrus, order you to pick up your sock right now." You giggled quietly because the short skeleton seemed more adorable than intimidating. Sans made soft snoring sounds to make it seem like he was sleeping. Papyrus sighed deeply.

"Don't worry Papyrus," you smiled reassuringly at him. "I bet he'll pick it up in the morning."

You seemed to lift his spirits a little. "Your right (Y/N), all I have to do is Lear a note to remind him!" 

Before you could ask what he meant, Papyrus sprinted up the stairs and into his room. You looked back at Sans on the couch (who actually did fall asleep), and then W.D.Gaster still propped up against the wall. Dead silence hung between the two of you. Gaster was studying every part of your body from your (h/l), (h/c) hair to your black boots. Finally the white pinpricks in his eye sockets settled to your (e/c) eyes. His gaze sent heat to your cheeks. "You know (Y/N), you are the first human I ever met so forgive me for wanting to know every part of you. After all, it's in my nature to wanting to know everything."

The red in your cheeks deepened. You began to feel self conscious. Perhaps Gaster is not aware that humans like personal space and privacy. Either way you were a little creeped out by his sudden desires. "Ummm...I-I'm not so sure th-that I'm comfortable with that." You were tripping over your words badly. Why you only act this way in front of him and not any other monster confused you.

Gaster shrugged. "My apologies, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He pushed himself off the wall and walked over to the green sofa where sleeping Sans lay. He gently picked him up and headed towards the stairs. "If you need anything don't be afraid to notify me." With those final words he carried Sans to his room. It was getting late but you weren't ready to sleep yet. You pulled on your boots and caressed your locket. Opening the front door, you made sure no one spotted you before shutting it carefully behind you.

~Le Time Skip~

The wooded area near snowmen was peacefully quiet. The only sounds that met you were your boots crunching in the snow. Every breath you took was cold and pierced your throat. The pine trees stretched high above your head. You felt like you could walk for hours is these woods. For the most part, you were just happy to leave the monster's house. 

It felt like you've been in the Underground for eternity. Although in reality, it has only been almost three days. 

Three days...

Three days away from Auntie.

Three days surrounded by men's greatest enemy.

Three days since you saw the sun and felt its warmth.

And with each passing day, you were putting everyone in more danger.

You had to leave and soon. You looked up from staring at your boots. Ahead was a clearing but sparse pines kept you from seeing what was beyond it. Not knowing where else to go, you headed towards the clearing.

Your (e/c) eyes widened. As you passed the last tree. The clearing was absolutely breathtaking. Upon the ground was undisturbed snow. Ice sickles hung from the branches of the pines that skirted the clearing. Your gaze wondered to a small pond that was completely frozen over. The ice on the surface reflected light making the clearing seemingly glow. Everything was so white and pure.  Across the pond you spotted a dusty wooden bench.