tW0

(Edited)

(/////Your POV////)

You woke up with a dull throbbing in your head. Blinking a few times, you take in your surroundings. All around was jagged stone walls. The ground was nothing but damp dirt. The smell of earth was overwhelming. There was no sign of life anywhere, you were alone. Looking up, you saw that you were at the bottom of the abyss. your heart sank to your stomach.

You shakily got up to your feet, almost falling down due to the intensified ache in your head. You rubbed your temple and brushed dirt off your (f/c) hoodie and jeans. You checked to make sure you still had your locket. When your hand met cold metal you reached for your backpack that was still in the dirt and headed to what looked like an opening in the stone walls.

You didn't get far before seeing a black silhouette slowly getting nearer. You stopped dead in your tracks. You were almost sure that whoever or whatever was coming could hear your heart beat against your ribs. The figure stepped into the dim light a few feet in front of you. It was....

....a goat?

Or at least something alike a goat. It was  standing on it's back legs almost humanly. It was much smaller than you, the size of a little girl in fact. The creature was wearing a purple dress with some kind of symbol you never seen before printed on the front. You weren't sure how to react. Were animals mutated down here. Could you become mutated down here? Your hands started shaking at the thought of yourself growing horns from the top of your head.The goat cocked it's head in confusion.

You slowly slipped off your backpack. Maybe you had a vegetable or something to offer the humanoid animal. Then hopefully it would leave you alone. You dug through your backpack and pulled out a carrot. Slowly creeping to the goat you held out the vegetable. The creature looked at the carrot then at you.

Then it laughed.

You screamed and fell back to the dirt. The laugh was too human for your liking. You backed up to the opposite wall on the other side of the room. To make it worse, the goat began to talk.

"You're really funny miss!"

The last thing you saw was the goat creature smile sweetly before you blacked out.

~Le time skip~

You opened you eyes to find yourself in a bedroom. The pain in your head was nearly gone but you could still feel your head throbbing. The bed you lay upon had fresh sheets and the pillow was fluffed perfectly. At first you thought you were back at your aunts house and what happened, including the goat kid, was all a dream. That changed when you saw the rest of the room. The bedroom was small and had toys scattered here and there. There was a desk against the far wall with crayons and a book that said: 'The Undergrounds' Best Issue of Puns and Jokes'. The room smelt sweet with a light touch of cinnamon. You sat up on the bed and rubbed sleep from your eyes.

You heard a knock on your door and your head snapped that direction lightning quick. The goat kid stepped in the room holding a plate of pie. You squealed and scooted further on the bed. The goat smiled. "Your awake! Did you sleep well?"

You completely ignored the question. "W-who are you and where am I?" you tried to sound stern but the shaking in your voice ruined the effect.

The goat child giggled. "Hello, I'm Toriel! Your in my bedroom because you fell asleep." You became rigid as the go-... as Toriel sat next to you, handing you the plate of pie. "Here my mommy helped me make this. It's butterscotch and cinnamon." You were afraid to take the plate but the smell was so warm and sweet you couldn't resist. She handed you a fork. Taking it you slowly took a tiny bite of the pie.

It was the best thing you ever tasted. You hungrily wolfed down the pie, It felt like ages since you ate something this good. You felt a knot in your stomach as you remembered your aunt baking apple pie. You loved how it filled the house with it's sweet aroma. The little goat girl was staring at you. It brought you out of your reverie. You swallowed the last bit of the butterscotch cinnamon pie. "What are you?" Your voice was less stern now and more curious.

Toriel simply smiled. "Oh, I forgot that you are new here. I'm a monster. We are all monsters here in the Underground."

You felt your blood turn to ice. Sitting next to you was one of them . One of the filthy creatures that took everything away from you. A monster. A being that stole your father away.

But why couldn't you hate her?

Toriel touched your arm and you pulled away from her touch quickly. She looked up at you a bit hurt. "Human, are you ok?"

You shook your head. "No, your a monster. I have to leave." You got up from the bed and grabbed your backpack.

Toriel looked panicked. "Y-you can't leave now! My parents have gone to talk to Dr. Gaster and they will be gone for awhile... Why don't you stay here? We can become friends. We even have an extra room. I'm sure no one would mind." Tears were coming to her eyes. You felt a little sympathetic but tried to blame it on the pie. "Please stay... I-I promise to be a good friend..." She sniffles and rubbed her eyes.

You knew you had to leave now or else you wouldn't leave at all. You began to wonder if Toriel's parents were gone often. She must be lonely. You bit your lip and walked towards the bedroom exit. The last thing you saw was the tears of the little goat girl as the room door clicked shut.

You never been in a monster's house before but it wasn't that different from a human's. You wondered down the brightly lit hallway, passing mirrors and empty vases. The house would look better with flowers or some plants but monsters seemed to be the only living things in the Underground, there were no sign of plant life. Must of been because the lack of sun. What a pity, you thought as memories of jumping in leaves played in your mind. You used to love the fall because of the beautiful colors and light breezes. Your father would rake up leaves for you to jump in. These memories brought sadness, and sadness brought you here. You had a mission and nothing could obscure your path. Not even lonely goat girls.

You came across a stair case leading down. The last thing on your mind was going deeper into the world of monsters. But if that is what it takes to avenge loved ones, then so be it. You stepped carefully down the carpeted steps. Toriel said that her parents left to talk to a doctor or someone of the sort, what was his name? ... Garry?... Glaser?... GASTER! If others go to this monster for advise or answers he must be intelligent. It wasn't much to go on but at least you had a new task, to find Dr. Gaster.

At the bottom of the stairs there was a broad path with stone walls but these were made of dark purple brick and not jagged stone like the ones you saw earlier. You continue turning corners until you came across a large door with the same symbol as Toriel's dress carved on the front. You realized that you never got to tell her your name. You had to force the goat girl out of your mind once again. Slowly you opened the grand door.

The view behind the door took your breath away. There was snow as far as the eye could see. Occasional buildings spotted the horizon. It was...

Beautiful...

You noticed the worn path before you. On either side were scattered pine trees. You guessed humans must have given them trees for oxygen, that is, if monsters need it. At least there were plants. You realized that you were getting distracted.

You knew what you had to do. Find Gaster, gather information about the monster's weak spot, find a reason to rage another war against monsters, send them to execution, avenge your father. It was simple. But where to start? You guess by stepping in the snow.

You take a deep breath, inhaling the crisp air. You make your first step in the white powdered snow, your first step into justice.