Chapter 10

SCORPIUS' POV

We had arranged to meet in the Hufflepuff common room at half past six that evening, but it was five minutes until the dance class started and Albus still hadn't got here. I was suddenly very worried about him, where could he have got to? I straightened out my tux and made sure my collar was out neatly. Sighing, I glanced at the clock. Four minutes. Maybe he didn't want to come after all. It was a stupid idea really, that boys like us should want to dance. Three minutes to seven. He didn't care about me. He didn't feel anything. Why should he? He was just an ordinary, straight boy who just happened to be best friends with with a freak. Two minutes. Tears rolled down my cheeks, first they came slowly but now they came in torrents, a storm of sadness. I caught my reflection in a large mirror which I had never noticed before. I stared at my reflection and whipped around to look behind me. Albus was in the mirror with me, kissing me. We were dancing and laughing. His hands around my middle. I choked and looked away. I looked back at the mirror, but it was gone. Gasping, I turned around to face...

Albus was holding a single red rose, his suit was creaseless and his smile was jaunty and playful. He laughed softly and held out the flower. "Al...." I started "Th-Thank you" His big blue eyes stared right into me, his flawless tanned skin cleaned meticulously and his mop of tousled hair perfectly ruffled. I grinned. "Scorpius, there's something I've been meaning to tell you" I nodded. "I...I love you, Scorpius" His face adopted a nervous look. "Not like... Not like friends, Scorpius... Like... Like I love you..." Happiness welled inside me. I knew this meant something more to him. "Albus, I... I think I'm in love with you too" His mouth fell open in surprise, his perfectly soft pink lips hiding a set of pearly white teeth. He was so cute when he did that. "Scorpius, how long have you.... have you...um.. loved me? I mean, how could anyone ever like me like that... I'm just the ugly potter..." It was my turn to be shocked. "Always, Albus. Ever since I first saw your face and talked to you, and got to know you as you really are... And Albus, you're not ugly. You're beautiful, look at yourself. Your heart is beautiful, and so is your body. I've never met anyone as perfect as you, Albus Severus Potter" Again, his mouth fell open in shock. "The scary thing about that, is that was exactly what I was going to say about you. He reached out and touched my cheek. I gasped. "Look at your eyes, Scorpius, they're like huge emeralds, and your skin, it's so white and soft..." I smiled. "Omg you're so cute when you smile... You're cute all the time though, so..." He put his hand on my waist and grinned. I looked at him, evidently surprised, in a good way. "Al, what are you doing?" He pulled me closer to him, our eyes connecting. "Scorpius..." He began "Scorpius, do you wanna.... would you like to uh...to uh.. go out...go out with m-m-me......" I couldn't believe that Albus Potter was asking me out, I had never felt so happy! "Albus, will you...will you do me the honour of becoming my uh...my boyfriend..." I attempted. "Yes!" He squealed. I smiled at the thought of Albus becoming closer to me, being what I had always wanted him to be for me. We were officially 'dating', and I had never felt so many desires and emotions as I did right then. 

His hand felt its way back to my waist. "I love you Albus" "I love you too, Scorpius"... His huge blue eyes stared down into my own before his gaze fell to my lips and I did the same. He leaned over and cupped my chin, pushing the stray blond hairs out of my eyes, guiding my head up to look at him. I could feel his breath on my lips, he smelt like peppermint and roses. Our lips connected suddenly. I was kissing Albus! He tasted like strawberry lip balm and chocolate. My hands cupped his cheeks.... 

"What the hell?" We pulled apart instantly and whipped around to see Jack standing in the doorway. I straightened out my jacket and tried to look innocent. It didn't work. "Um...Jack, this isn't what it looks like" I began. Albus laughed. "Do us a favour Jack, and don't tell anyone about this, Okay" Jack looked angry. "It's not that simple, is it? If I have proof that you're... freaks.... then I'll be popular here. I can sell that information to the school paper, can't I?" I could see Albus' eyes welling with tears. I marched up to Jack. "Don't you dare speak to my boyfriend like that." He gasped. "What?" He looked confused. "Jack, don't be an asshole. You can't treat someone that way just because of who they fall in love with, that's bang out of order." I continued "Anyway, I'll pay you ten galleons if you keep this to yourself. If you don't, I'm going to Dumbledore. You'd be risking expulsion." He thought about this for a moment. "Deal"