Chapter 8

Albus' POV

I sat silently curled up in the windowsill, looking out at the inky black sky. All the stars seemed to have gone, and I could hear Scorpius' breathing in the bed next to mine. I looked at my watch. Midnight. "Happy birthday Albus" I whispered to myself. I couldn't help feeling that my existence was pointless. My family hated me, Scorpius was the only one who would listen... But I supposed that he would never understand how I really felt... I looked over his bed as he slept, his emerald eyes peacefully closed, a world away from the aggressive, piercing stare that he had shot James earlier... He had tried to protect me... maybe... It couldn't be, we were just friends... But still a flicker of hope remained in my heart that He might... That he might love me.

His beautiful, smooth, crystal clear ivory skin... Those bright green eyes... His white, soft hair that fell in tufts around his defined features... His sharp cheekbones and distinct jaw-line.

I sighed. He'd never love an ugly guy like me, even if he did like boys.

A bruise was forming across the side of his face.

I reached out slowly and touched his cheek. Soft, smooth skin brushed against my fingertip. Slowly his bright green eyes opened. I pulled my hand away from His face and ran back to my bed to hide in shame. "I'm sorry Scorpius, I'm sorry" I whispered to the darkness. After a while I heard footsteps crossing the floor coming towards me. I buried deeper into the covers, he was going to kill me, that was it. How could anyone trust me after that? I felt disgusted at myself, not for the first time, why couldn't I just be normal and have crushes on the Beauxbatons girls or the women in the magazines belonging to Jack? Tears dripped furiously from my eyes, onto my sheets. 

I felt a warm hand on the back of my neck. Scorpius began to stroke my hair with his fingers, combing through the knots and massaging my scalp. I gasped. What was he doing? I wasn't complaining at any rate. "Albus, it's okay, please don't cry. I'm here for you." I felt relief wash over me, but the tears wouldn't stop. I sat up slowly. Scorpius' perfect face was full of worry and pain as he saw me crying. "It's all my fault" I tried to explain but he was having none of it, pulling me into a warm enveloping hug. He toppled over and we lay there together for a few minutes, my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating rapidly, and suddenly felt his arms wrap around me again. I smiled. "A perfect moment" I whispered. 

About an hour passed like that. "Hey, Al..." I looked up at his sparkling emerald eyes. "I was wondering if maybe..." He looked uncertain. "If maybe you'd like to go to dancing classes with me?" Happiness washed over me, and I broke out into a broad smile. 

"Scorpius, I would absolutely love to" He looked at me as if he wanted to say something else but thought better of it. 

Some hours later, assuming I was asleep, I heard Scorpius whisper into the dark room. He leaned over me and kissed my forehead lightly with his soft pink lips. "I love you, Albus Severus Potter" I replied into the darkness "And I love you, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy"