Rotten Affection Ch. 2

Alright, so I'm doing one chapter at a time. Its a bit of work since im practically redoing every chapter over again. Well, enjoy.

Chapter 2

School could be exhausting at times. All the pressures of having to get things in on time, and having to get a good grade. Math used to be so easy. Until they started adding the alphabet though. I bet we could all live without that, am I right? I decided to take a shower and relax. The water felt good running down my body. relieving all the tension in my muscles. One thing that sucked though, was that I had way too much hair. So when ever I took a shower, I shed like a dog. But worse. Sometimes I wished I could just loose most of my hair at once, and never have it thicken again.

The good thing about the summer, was that I showered more. Which thinned out my hair. Just a few more months! I enveyed my brother for his hair. It was a beautiful dirty blonde that stood just the right way on his head. It always seemed to be wind swept. We looked completely different. And the reason for that was we had different fathers. My mother had been with a man before my father. But he didnt want a child. So he left my mother.

A while later though he came back, while my mother was still pregnant. Of course, my mother still loved him, which I found really stupid. So she took him back for a while. At the time she had been 6 months pregnant. This time he stayed for a while. And when Jesse was born, she gave him the last name of the man she had been currently with. The man's name was Richard Michaels. So my brother is Jesse Michaels.

He has never known who his father is, but he never bothered to care. A few months after Jesse was born, Richard left again. But this time, for good. Apparently since Richard had come back, he wasnt very faithful. He had been cheating on her with two women and had only been with my mother so that he would have a place to stay and not have to pay bills. My mother was heartbroken for a while, but then she met my father.

He made her feel loved and protected, the way she never felt with Richard. He filled a void in her life. A void that had been empty since the first time Richard had left her. And I guess, a year and a half later she had me. Pretty fast to move between people if you ask me. But oh well. My father and mother have been together ever since. They seem to be very happy together. I'm sure they've had their ups and downs just like every other couple out there. But its the ones that make it through all that, that are the happiest and best together.

I'm sure that someday my brother will wonder who his father is and want to know why he couldn't just stay with one person and not have to fool around. He will want to understand. Maybe he does now. But he just doesn't let it show.

I finished my shower and ran my brush through my hair. As I stared in the mirror, I seemed to pick out all of my flaws. My hair was so thick and wavy. I hated the way my thighs were never solid. My eyes werent some beautiful shade of blue like my brother's. They didnt peirce through you as if they were looking into your soul. I was just another average girl. Another girl who wasnt completely happy with the way she looked. Sure I was thin but, there were so many other things that I thought were wrong with me.

I guess every person feels that they're not perfect. That there's always going to be something that you feel is wrong with you. I looked away from the mirror, feeling ashamed. As soon as I dressed I rushed downstairs, realizing it was 6:15. Had 2 hours really gone by that fast? I made it to the dining room and crashed into my chair infront of Jesse. He had a smirk on his face.

"I went to Kelly's, took her to the mall, did some stuff after, and still made it to the table at 6:00 sharp. You took a shower, and got here 15 minutes late. What were you doing in the shower that could have possibly taken 2 hours?" he said. Obviously thinking horribly wrong. I wouldn't let him know of my insecurities. How I stood in the mirror forever looking at myself disgutedly. Wishing I looked as beautiful as him. As Amy did. So I simply said,

"Nothing." He had a look in his eye. It flashed for only a split second. It was so fast, I thought I had imagined it. I had never seen that look before. I felt both lost and confused. But I didnt press any further.

Dinner seemed to go by slowly. Luna asked us once more about school, and the upcoming activitys. Nothing much was said. Until Luna decided to break the silence.

"Well, I have some bad news for you two. You may not like it, or you may not care. Either way, it's about your parents." she said. Jesse and I both looked up, somewhat interested. They were supposed to be back in two weeks.

"Since their movie is being filmed in many different areas. They dont have time to come home. So they won't be coming home in two weeks. Instead they will be gone for another 4 months." she looked down. A frown on her lips. She understood why they had to be gone most of the time. She had been the one mostly taking care of us for the last six years practically. But she couldn't see how parents could just leave their children for so long.

She loved her children dearly. And she would do anything for them. To give them a good home and childhood. She wouldn't let anything get between them. It pained me to have my parents gone for so long all the time. To not have had them love me like the way Luna loves her children. To not have them come to my science fairs. To not have them see me getting good grades. But I know it pained Jesse the most. Even if he wouldn't admit it.

"But I also have some good news." she said. Now excited.

"Since they're going to be gone longer, they want to make sure you kids are safe and are not getting into any trouble. So in one month, I will be moving in!" she said. I was still a bit sulky, but as soon as I heard Luna was going to be living with us, I immediately lit up.

"Really?" I said, excited

"Absolutely. I say in a month because its going to take me a while to get things set up to move in here. I also have to tell Jr. and Ronnie. Im sure they will be excited to live in such a magnificent place as this." she said, her eyes shining. Jesse looked a bit worried for some reason.

"Thats fantastic." he said. I looked at him. His smile looked forced. I wanted to ask him why he was not excited to have Luna living with us. I figured I would ask later, when Luna left.

After dinner, we said our goodbyes to Luna. She left with two tubs full of the pasta she had made for dinner. It had been both mine and Jesse's favorite. No one made spaghetti quite like Luna did. She made it spicy and sweet at the same time. When she left, my mind wandered back to the way Jesse had acted during dinner. He began to walk towards the stairs.

"Jesse?" I said.

"Thats me."

"Why weren't you excited when Luna said she was going to be living with us?" Its was truly bugging me. Didnt he love her as much as I did? Or was that all an act too?

"I am excited."

"No you're not. Don't lie to me." I really wanted him to be open withe me for once. He never told me anything. He was always "fine".

"I'm not lying. I truly am excited." He flashed another one of his forced smiles. Probably trying to reasure me that he was fine, and happy. I wanted to pressure him further. I felt bad that I wanted so much out of him. But I couldn't help but want to know.

"Jesse, your lying to me. You never tell me anything. You always just bring girls home and have a fling with them. And if you do have a girlfriend for more then a week, you never tell me about them." Why was I pressuring him about his flings? This was supposed to be about why he wasn't excited about Luna. Why he was not jumping up and down, thrilled to have her all the time. Or was that the problem?

"Look, Im fine, and im ecstatic. Stop trying to get in my business. It doesnt matte."

"But it does matter Jesse! You can't keep things bottled up inside like that!" He glared at me. He looked away for a moment and ran his fingers through his hair. And thats when he came crashing into me. He sprinted away from the stairs and grabbed me like he was desperate for his life.

He kissed me.