No one said anything they just watched Artemis as she felt her deep breathing grow uneven. She had unlocked a monster within herself, as she glanced around at the bystanders. She turned to the company as they watched shocked and slightly frightened, before she looked back at her hands. They were normal, unhurt or scared as her dragon scar glowed slightly. Unable to understand what she had just done she ran. Back towards the castle as everyone watched her run.

She locked herself in the throne room as she sat at the base of the throne, her arm resting on the cushion as she couldn't and didn't want to think of what was going through the companies mind, as she covered her eyes and felt her body shake and tremble. Her body cried, though no tears fell from her eyes like she was used to.

"What have I done?" She whispered to herself not expecting a response.

"You've released your own dæmon. I'm Sofus by the way" A voice responded making her jump as she turned to see the dragon made from fire, only it was the size of a baby this time as it ran happily up towards her and laid in her lap as she hesitated before stroking it. It felt so real as she watched it begin to grow red scales until it was an actual dragon, though with any fast movements harmless fire traced after it.

"A dæmon?" She asked unsure.

"Yes, very few are lucky to be granted a dæmon. I guess you could call us as a pet but we prefer to be thought of as protectors." Sofus smirked happily.

"So I'm not going mad or a monster?" Artemis asked weakly as the dæmon scoffed.

"Of course not! I have waited years for you to finally let go of everything holding you back. For you to final start fighting, and now you have you have me and I can help and guide you to use your own powers" He was slightly offended being called mad before smirking at Artemis's surprised face.

"Powers!" Artemis shrieked as the dæmon rolled their eyes and placed their paw on their forehead.

"Yes. You can control fire duh" He replied as if it were obvious.

"Does my father have a uhh.....have a dæmon?" She asked nervously.

"No. Smaug's heart is black and cold. Dæmons are only granted to those of pure hearts" He snarled Smaug's name, as Artemis fidgeted slightly.

"So how does it actually work to have a dæmon anyway?" Artemis asked confused.

"Let's see, I only come out like today when you summon enough magic and power......unless you require me to be out and about more often though I wouldn't advise that for the moment. You're not strong enough" Sofus remarked glancing at Artemis up and down.

"What do you mean I'm not strong enough?" Artemis snapped offended.

"You'll see. Someone's coming so I should leave now" He quickly jumped out of her lap and ran down the steps before turning towards her as she frowned. He went at full pace straight towards her as her eyes widened. Instead of him knocking her over he seemed to absorb himself into her chest as if part of her soul as Artemis stumbled and fell down the steps lying on her back.

Her ears rung, her vision blurred, her head pounded. She groaned to the sound of footsteps making their way towards her as she tried to push away the blurry hands reaching out for her. Sitting up once again she blinked adjusting as if she hadn't been in a room with light before. Squinting she saw the General looking down at her.

"Your majesty, we should get you to the infirmary"  

"Oh don't make such a stupid fuss I'm fine" She grumbled getting onto her feet. Brushing off dust from her dress she rubbed her head looking out to see the sun was already beginning to set.

"Dinner will be served in half an hour.....your majesty what will I tell the Kingdom in the morning?" He asked unsure as she hesitated.

"The truth. That I'm going to the lonely mountain to face my father and put an end to this curse." She muttered before she left to prepare for dinner. Getting changed back into her travel clothes, she slipped the gloves over her hands. She smiled as she welcomed the familiar fabric. She placed her sword on her hip and let her cloak flow down her shoulders. Her hair tied back as she drew the hood over her face like old times. She pulled her eyes away from her reflection when she heard a knock on the door, before Thorin opened it.

"I just came for my coat" He muttered as she walked over grabbing it and handing it to him as neither spoke a word.

"Thorin......about earlier this afternoon...."

"We should eat before we leave" He spoke as she sighed, back to the group keeping distance. Everyone except Fili and Kili kept their distance like before. Dinner was quiet and uneventful as they all gathered down in the castle courtyard where several riders transformed into dragons, bending down so that the company could get on their backs. Artemis gave a glance at the moon gulping and ensuring the light didn't touch her skin.

"Be careful your majesty" The General farewelled bowing one final time before she jumped up onto a dragons back as they flew high into the sky. Once they cleared the magic wall the smell of Orc flooded her nose as she knew the chase was still on. Maybe after an hour of flying they landed and bowed to their ruler before flying off.

"Come on, we're still being hunted" Gandalf instructed as we began running through the woods once again as I could hear the faint howls of wargs behind us.......