I'm believed to be, 

but outside of mind  

you shall not see.

Age 5: 

Esme's mother signed her up for summer camp. Today is the first day and Esme's mother is dropping her off. Esme is ready with her penguin backpack filled with a water bottle and a few snacks. As her mother leaves she says good bye and runs over to the group of children and camp counselors. As she looks around, her eyes rest on the face of one boy. This boy has messy golden curls and eyes as bluish green and clear as Caribbean waters. She stares until he turns his eyes onto her; at eye contact both feel a shock that makes them fall to the ground. Falling, Esme decides that she must speak to this boy. She bravely walks up to say hello.

"Hello, I am Esme. Who areju?" 

The little boy shyly looks up and smiles 

"I..I..I'm Cameron" 

She folds her hand and studies him. The boy nervously plays with his thumbs 

"Ok, do ya wannabe friends Cam?" 

"Cam? I..my name...yes let us be friends." 

"Okey dokey Cam, I think theyr gonna go to the playground. Comewith?" 

"Uhh..Ok" 

Esme links arms with Cameron while Cameron stares at her. They then run arm in arm to catch up with the group.

She has found only one, 

a story now almost begun. 

The other waits, 

to see her take 

a leap of faith 

For she does not know 

who awaits her yet.

Age 10: 

Esme is baking cookies with her mom. She is cutting out shapes with cookie cutters when she starts to hear whispering. She knows she has heard this before; almost every day as far as she can remember. She decides that she will ask her mom what she thinks.

"Mom?" 

"Yes, Esme?" 

"Mom, uhh..I've been hearing sounds lately.... I mean it's not like bad right?" 

"Sounds? What do you mean by sounds, honey?" 

Her mother now has an look of uncertainty on her face. Esme hesitatingly tries to find an answer that will soothe her mom's uneasy look. 

"Ohhh...you know...just like umm...like the wind...Yes like when the wind wooshes. THAT'S what it sounds like..." 

"Ok honey, well...you see...it's perfectly fine dear. I hear the wind all the time." 

Her mom smiles and goes back to putting the plate of cookies in the oven and Esme decides to never raise the issue again.

What she now hears, 

she shant not fear. 

What she does not know 

I cannot show.  

For now I shall myself sate 

by whispering her fate.

Age 16: 

Esme has gotten her liscense a few months ago. She is driving back home from a late study night at her best friend, Cloe(Clo-ee), house. As she is driving a deer runs out onto the road. She swerves and runs into a ditch where the car is overturned.

You may not die 

without your kiss 

you may not leave  

without consent 

You shall live 

I now decree 

Until your kiss 

And then you're free

A dark, mysterious looking young man in a trench coat, runs out of the forest beside the road and immediately calls 911. Five minutes later the man is gone and an ambulance has come. Esme is taken to hospital where she stays for 2 weeks until she has fully recovered except for her broken arm. She is visited by her best friend, Cloe, and also by her boyfriend of three years, Jason. Jason brings her flowers and a get well card every day. Cloe brings her all her favorite music Cd's and multiple bags of Sour patch kids and gummy bears, when the nurse's aren't looking. Either her mother or her father are constantly there to support her recovery; they bring with them all the love in the world.