Epilogue

Two hundred points being awarded to Slytherin and a special award from the school was nice but it nothing compared to what make Zakari the happiest that year. He had been called to the Hospital Wing after the Mandrakes had reached their maturity and been harvested. He was expecting to find Franklin, still resting in bed, however, as the boy poked his head in through the doorway, he caught sight of the man adjusting his shirt and standing up near his bed. Zakari let out a happy little cry before running and launching the man into a hug. He had managed to survive without his interpreter by his side, but it had internally killed him that one of his best friends had been taken from him for so long.

Franklin seemed more than happy to see the boy too as Zakari could feel the vibrations and shaking of the man's chest as he laughed. A smile drew across both their faces as Duncan made his way over and made an attempt to get on the Hospital Wing cot. Unfortunately, his little legs betrayed him, leaving him on the ground, so he settled for licking Franklin's exposed ankle. Franklin was more than glad to see the boy and was very happy to see Duncan too, but he immediately wanted to start off by apologizing to Zakari for leaving him all alone. He balled his hand up into a fist and went to make a circular motion around his chest, however, Zakari reached a hand out and pushed his hand back down.

There was no need for any apologies in Zakari's mind, he was just happy that Franklin was okay and that all the chaos was over. He obviously still had quite the story to tell the man once Franklin was a bit more coherent. Not only did he travel to the Chamber of Secrets or at least, the tunnel outside the Chamber of Secrets, he had managed to produce magic without saying a single word. While he couldn't do it in a consistent manner, it was a start and a very good one at that. 

He was making friends or at least, he considered Ron and Harry to be his first boy friends. He was sure that his mother was going to be absolutely furious with the events that took place at the school, but he knew he was going to put up one hell of an argue to make sure that he came back for his second year. There was enough progress made that year that encouraged Zakari to know that he was capable of doing much more than what people including himself gave him credit for. 

With the promise of Ringo coming to pay him a visit over the summer to improve his abilities, Zakari was more than ready to get started. And with his father home and their family growing, it was only more encouragement for Zakari to try and do his best. He was going to push himself even if it drove him mad in order to succeed.

For the meantime, he held onto Franklin, glad that his friend was alright and sincerely hoping that the man would be better at wording an explanation to his parents when it came to the events of the year.

Duncan watched as his owner was happily reunited with Franklin and he was quite happy to see the man alive and well. With all the chaos that had occurred in such a small time frame, the small corgi was just thankful that the Hospital Wing was quiet that day. He laid down on the cold floor and took several minutes to just close his eyes and get some well-needed rest. When his training started as a pup, he was well aware that he was going to be given a difficult job. But there was nothing in the job description about his owner befriending Harry Potter. That was a whole different job when it came to anyone being involved with the boy. 

But since Harry turned out to be a nice boy, Duncan figured that the extra work was something he could very well put up with. Especially since Harry made Zakari happy, that was the goal for anyone that knew Zakari well enough, the goal was just to make sure that the boy was happy. Hearing the sound of giggles and watching Zakari move his hands rapidly as he communicated with Franklin, Duncan knew the boy was in good hands for the time being while he took a nap.

Franklin and Zakari were in mid-conversation when Franklin turned his head at a disturbing noise. The sound came from near his feet causing him to look down and witnessed Duncan on his back with his legs sprawled out, snoring away loudly. Zakari looked down as well and while he couldn't hear Duncan snoring, the scene was enough to make him laugh. 

With the school year ending on a bright note of exams being canceled, Zakari was relieved and more than ready to go home. He had all summer to learn so he could come back the next year a lot stronger. Sitting on the train ride home, he had Eve and Jean in his company along with Duncan and Franklin. The girls had definitely worked and improved on their sign language as they chatted with the boy throughout the ride. Zakari had to admit that he was extremely impressed with all their hardwork and dedication. 

It made the train ride much more enjoyable that he didn't have to rely on solely Franklin translating back and forth.  When they arrived at the train station, both girls gave him big hugs before leaving to find their families.

Zakari went over with Franklin to find his trunk, believing that Franklin was just going to take him home. However, he spotted Harry collecting his trunk. Immediately, Zakari turned red as the boy faced him but relaxed as soon as Harry smiled at him.

"Have a nice summer." Harry signed to him. The boy looked to Franklin to make sure he had done it correctly, in which, the man nodded his head in response.

Zakari's hands excitedly began to sign in an enthusiastic manner, however, Harry certainly wasn't prepared to figure that one out on his own.

"He said he hopes you have a nice summer too and he also hopes that you have a lot of fun," Franklin informed Harry.

Zakari gave him an eager nod before giving the boy a wave and grabbing his trunk in a hurried manner to leave.

"Bye," Harry said with a smile before he turned away, knowing he had to find the Dursleys.

Zakari was getting prepared to leave the station with Franklin, when he suddenly caught sight of his father in the distance waiting patiently. The man looked incredibly uncomfortable as people were giving him all sorts of looks, but he remained in place keeping an eye out for his son. Zakari abandoned Franklin's side along with Duncan's and ran over to greet Roderick.

Roderick was caught off guard as he was nearly tackled back but he was more than happy when he looked down at saw Zakari beaming up at him. 

Zakari wasn't sure where to start with his dad with telling him about the school year or even how much his father already knew, but Roderick didn't look upset in the slightest.

Where's Mum? Zakari questioned, wondering why his mother wasn't at the station while he was. It wasn't like her.

"Home," Roderick answered him. "With your little sister."

Zakari's eyes widened, realizing that he was officially a big brother in that moment and that he had a little sister that he was dying to meet as soon as he got home.

A/N: Yes, I will be working on a sequel in the future.

         No, I don't know when it will be up.

          Yes, I will announce it on this book when I do figure it out.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the first part of Zakari's adventures.