one: reality

i felt the gentle breeze touching lightly my pale skin. when i opened my eyes i saw a tiny ladybug on the tip of my nose and in the exact moment when i looked up, a yellow petal fell my bare forehead, causing the red insect to fly away. suddenly, i heard a feminine voice calling my name, and it sounded just like my mother, my only and beloved mother. «mom? is that you?» i got up and took a look around me, looking for my mother. «huh? a sunflower field? w-why am i her-» my question was interrupted by the sight of my mother in the distance. «MOM?? YOU'RE ALIVE??» i started running after her, but then i heard someone shouting at me. «excuse me? ma'am? get back to reality»

«HELLO? ARE YOU OKAY???» i blinked a few times before releasing i was at the movies. «what- what happened?» i asked rubbing my eyes. «you said something out loud about your mom and- well.. actually.. you yelled»

i turned to my left to see the most beautiful young man i have ever seen in my whole life. his face was ethereal. his sharp jawline, defined cheekbones and slim nose looked like they've been sculpted by the greek gods, and his shiny, orange hair suited perfectly his fair skin tone. there's no way he was a human being.

«oh, OH, I'M SORRY! this is so embarrassing..» i mumbled the last sentence so he couldn't hear it. «haha, no problem» he smiled widely, and damn! his smile was the sweetest thing ever.

«may i ask you what were you dreaming about? o-only if you want to, of course» he asked uncomfortably. «well, i-» i couldn't finish my sentence because of the loud noise caused by all the people getting up from their seats. «i guess the movie has ended» he said.

we got up too and followed the crowd towards the exit. «oh my god it's already 8 pm and i haven't even cooked dinner yet!» i sighed deeply looking at my phone screen. «is that zico?» he asked pointing at the lock-screen of my phone. «huh? oh, yes he is. i love zico so much!» i replied looking at the picture with heart-shaped eyes. «i love him too! i-i mean, i love his music. n-not that i'm gay or anything» i chuckled at his silliness.

«well, since you haven't eaten yet, and i haven't either, we should go out for dinner together, so we can also get to know each other» he suggested, and i accepted his propose because i was hungry as hell. not that i like him or something!

he took me to a really nice japanese restaurant around the corner and we ate delicious food while we were talking about each other.

«so you live here in gwangju? i've never seen you before» he raised his left eyebrow. «oh well, actually, i moved here yesterday morning» i scratched the back of my head.

we kept chatting and laughing for about two hours straight, until we decided to pay the bill and leave.

«i-i haven't asked you what is your name yet» my voice trembled a little bit from the shyness. «oh, i'm hoseok, jung hoseok»