A note from Travis Flores & Submissions

FOR SUBMISSIONS SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE

This collection was a pure passion project that I started on January 1, 2017 while receiving treatment for my Cystic Fibrosis at UCLA Medical Center.

For the last several New Years,  I've watched the dazzling events take place in New York City on my television, but unlike most people, it wasn't from the comfort of my own home. I always spent time in the hospital due to Cystic Fibrosis and I found myself incredibly sick every year at the same time; New Years. So this year, I decided that I was going to enter 2017 reflecting on all of the things that I was happy that I had achieved in 2016, rather than focusing on all of the unachieved goals for 2017. Resolutions are fantastic, but so are the several real accomplishments that we make every year that usually have nothing to do with those things we strive for in those first moments of the new year... every year.

After I wrote down countless moments of happiness that I felt in 2016, from the most simple to the kind of feelings that words can't do justice for, I realized that I should give other people the opportunity to share theirs as well. The response was fast, massive, and inspiring. I was moved to tears at points, and laughed along uncontrollably with other moments.

I did my best to collect from people all around the world. I also didn't edit them, unless it was completely eligible because I found it endearing when I saw a typo; it was almost as if the excitement of the author was so present that it showed in their typing.

So please enjoy these as much as I have. I will continue to share more for the next few weeks.

If you'd like to submit, please message me your statement with your state/region and country. You can do so through Wattpad, Facebook.com/official.travisflores or by messaging me on Instagram/Twitter: @ travisflores