“I can’t believe Jack died! I mean, Rose and Jack loved each other so much, and it’s so hard seeing their relationship end,” I sobbed.

He rubbed my back chuckling. “I know.”

Though I knew he had no idea what I was talking about, he still comforted me, and I carried on.

“She promised Jack she would live a full life and I mean, Rose kept her promise and lived a full life just for Jack,” I sniffled.

“That’s good of Rose,” Seth comforted.

“Yes, but Jack dies!” I cried, sobbing into his chest.

I felt Seth laugh. “Just think of it like this, Rose and Jack had a happy time together, and Jack died, saving Rose. In exchange, Rose kept her promise, her love for Jack still alive. They reunited in the end, and now they have eternity to love each other again.”

I sniffled. “I guess so.”

He wiped my tears away. “Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.”

I smiled, and he hugged me.

“No more sad movies Leah, please” Seth called.

“I didn’t know she would be this…sensitive” Leah said as she leaned against the doorway.

I faced her and pointed to my stomach. “Hello? I’m pregnant remember?”

She rolled her eyes then came forward. She touched my stomach.

“Let’s just hope you’re pregnant with a girl,” she smiled.

“No way, not a girl, it has to be a boy,” Seth argued.

Leah sneered. “It will be a girl.”

“How do you know?” Seth said, “Can you see the future?”

I could tell this was going to turn into a family dispute, so I excused myself from Seth’s grasp, and hobbled to the kitchen. I could still hear them squabbling over the gender of the baby.

I looked down at my own stomach, and caressed it gently in my hands.

“You come out as whatever you want baby. I’ll love you either way,” I whispered to it.

But secretly I hoped that it would be a boy.  

My stomach began to grow, just a small bump visible through my shirt. Pregnancy wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be. It was actually quite easy, minus the aches and pains.

My back began to hurt and my feet began to ache. Seth talked me into going for a check up.

He drove me to the Cullens’ house. I was a little nervous about what they would think of us. What would they say? Would they reject us?

Seth helped me out of the car, the front door of the Cullens’ opening before we could knock.

Carlisle welcomed us, a warm smile on his face.

“It’s great to see you again,” he said, “Come in, please.”

We stepped into the house.

“What can I do for you?” Carlisle asked.

“Well,” Seth began. He took a deep breath. “I was wondering if you could maybe, do a check up?”

Carlisle smiled. “I’m happy to help.”

Carlisle went through all the normal check ups a doctor would do as I sat on the couch. He shone a bright light in my eyes, checked my pulse and breathing.