Chapter 14: (Violet's POV)

Mulai dari awal

It was a simple necklace, a starch white tooth the centre of the leather string. The tooth was curved perfectly, almost in the shape of a moon.

It was beautiful. It had a story behind it. I wondered what animal it had come from.

As I held it in my palm, a few images of the unfamiliar boy flickered in my mind. Him kissing me, me tight in his warm embrace, his warm smile, both of us sitting on a couch in a small house laughing, the sudden flicker of the memory shifting into a dark night and an enraged man pointing a gun at me made me jump as the door opened.

The necklace fell from my hands, in my fright.

The boy from my faint memories as well as when I woke up, was standing in the doorway. I remembered him saying when I had woken up that his name was Seth.

He had a sad look on his face, and I somehow felt sad too. His sadness tore my heart apart.

He wasn’t wearing a shirt and I didn’t feel at all awkward. I didn’t know why. Was he from my forgotten past?

I wondered if he was my brother or a relative, but the feelings I was feeling weren’t brotherly. They were strong, so strong I felt like jumping up and kissing him.

I blushed for my impulsive desire.

I smiled at him, hoping he would smile too. “Hello.”

I could see him swallow greatly, before he replied. “Hey.”

An awkward silence filled the air as we stared at each other. He stared at me with sharp eyes. I blushed at his stare.

He walked into the room and took a seat in the chair beside the bed.

“Your name’s Seth, right?” I asked.

He nodded.

“I’m—”

“Violet” he finished in a tight voice.

I stared at him with excitement. “Do you know me? Do you know who I am?” I asked.

He looked at me with indignant eyes.   

“Yes, I know you. You are very important to me” he replied.

“I think I remember you too...” I said.

He stared with hope into my eyes, and grabbed my hands. I was taken aback by the sudden touch. He looked shocked and quickly released my hands.

“I hope you remember everything” he said quietly.

He looked saddened by my surprise at his touch. It made me want to cry.

“I hope I do too” I replied.

He looked at me, and I smiled in comfort. He smiled back, but I could still see a shade of remorse. I looked down at the necklace.

“Tell me something, was this mine?” I asked as I picked it up. I held it carefully as it dangled in the air between us.

He swallowed loudly. “Yes, a gift from me.”

I looked at him in revelation. “It’s beautiful.”

He smiled as I stared at it. I was feeling haughty knowing it was rightfully mine.

“Here, let me put it on for you” he said.

He reached out and gently took the necklace from my grasp. I didn’t object as I bent my head down as he slipped the necklace around my neck. I pulled my hair out from under it in delight.

Seth smiled at me. “You look beautiful, just as always.”

I was a little confused at the feelings I was feeling for him. A normal person would have been freaked out by the sudden affection, but I wasn’t. I felt conceited, and could feel my cheeks flame.