Hot Cop

Prologue

        I knew this was a bad idea.

        More often than not, Brooke Ashton's plans were faulty ones - most of which I relucantly allowed her to pressure me into.

        This was clearly a bad one.

        The humidity from the sweltering heat caused droplets of sweat to slowly trace themselves down the back of my neck as I watched my blonde friend kneel besides the thick bushes that lined the sidewalks of Seattle.

        "What are we doing?" I hissed, faltering slightly when my voice came out louder than I had intended. The pedestrians that strode past our kneeling figures shot ruffled glances our way, the agitation and hesitation written clearly on their stiff faces as to what we were doing.

        I could only reluctantly imagine the thoughts that were running through their minds at the sight of Brooke lowering herself into the brush. A hazy pink stained my cheeks.

        "Brooke!" I stamped my foot, allowing her hand to grip my own and pull me down to her level. Her blue eyes narrowed slightly at my own, before the blonde arched a perfectly-plucked brow in my direction.

        "Be quiet." Ignoring my look of outrage at her words, she turned away. "And follow me. It'll be worth it."

        Grumbling under my breath, I pressed my palms into the soil and crawled after her fast-moving figure, the large bushes disguising our forms.

        And for what reason? I hadn't a clue.

        "Brooke," I demanded, my voice a heated whisper, as my confusion increased with every passing moment. "What are we doing?"

        "You'll see." She turned back, permitting me to see the devious smile growing on her face. "And when you do, you'll thank me." She assured me confidently, flicking her locks of hair over her shoulder.

        "Don't be too sure." I grumbled, positive that half of Mother Nature was now tangled into the uncontrollable curls that unfortunately framed my face. My face folded into a grimace as I pulled a twig from my mane. "You owe me a cupcake for this."

        Waving her hand at my stiff figure, she didn't bother to reply. Her attention had been diverted to the streets and whatever she was excitedly searching for.

        My eyes flickered to the cloudless sky above me and I swiped a hand across my brow, wiping away the sweat that had beaded there. Brooke had decided on the worst day to go detective-mode. This sure as hell wasn't the way I wanted to spend my day-off from work. Just thinking about the dingy diner I worked in churned my stomach.

        The temperature only seemed to increase and I restlessly shifted in my spot.              

        Washington. For being so rainy ninety percent of the year, the temperatures were absurd today.

        "Brooke." I whined, poking the girl exasperatingly. "Can you please explain to me what we're doing?"

        Her sigh was dramatic, before she turned away from whatever she had been frantically looking for. Brooke leaned in to position herself closer to my ear, a giggle slipping from her lips. "You won't believe it until you see it - or him." She insisted, a dreamy sigh escaping her lips. I resisted the urge to snort at the expression that had appeared on her face, before I came to a spitting-realization as to why we were here, kneeling beneath scratchy bushes in the sweltering summer heat.

        "Him?" I questioned slowly, feeling my annoyance peak. Bracing my hands against the dirt, I stared at the blonde. "You brought us out here - in the blazing sun - so we can spy on a guy?"

        Brooke bit her lip, hesitating slightly. "Well..."

        "You're kidding?" I spat out, before letting out a snort, already moving to remove myself from the cover of the twigs. "I refuse. Not happening, Brooke."

        This wasn't worth any damn cupcake.

         "No!" Brooke protested, as she grabbed my arm. "You can't! Not yet. You have to see-"

        "I don't care." I insisted, trying to pull my wrist away from her suprisingly-strong grip. "I'm not waiting to spy on some guy." The bristles from the branches scratched at the back off my neck as I squirmed. "We have better things to do!"

        She only tightened her grip, her voice rising in volume. "You're staying. You said you would!" She insisted, latching her other hand onto my limb at the increasingly difficult struggle to keep me in disguise.

        I shook my head, tugging at her hand to free my own. "I didn't understand I was agreeing to this!" I growled out. "Let go, Brooke!"

        I went to pull away again, though it was useless as she just tugged right back.

        "Savannah! Haven't you heard?" Her voice was slightly muffled by the leaves that were shaking with us.

        "No and I don't care!"

        "But, you will!"

        My tugs only got more violent. "I won't!" The shrubbery continued to quiver imprudently around us.

        "We aren't just waiting for any guy!" She insisted, her voice rising, as we tugged and yanked, both fruitlessly trying to win at out little game. "We're waiting for-"

        Before she could finish her sentance, I pulled hard enough for her tight grip to release my wrist. I hadn't prepared for the way my body would respond to her lack of tugging and I was quick to go flying from the brush, a collection of dirt and leaves exitting with my body. I landed heavily on something thick, a groan exitting loudly from my lips. I was positive that a bruise would already be appearing on my spine.

        "...hot cop." Brooke gasped for breath, as she scrambled to follow after my fallen figure. "We're waiting for-"

        "Is everything okay?" An amused voice spoke from above me. Confused,  I removed the hand covering my eyes. My eyes widened at the sight above me.

        A dark haired god, covered in a police uniform.

        Oh, yes.

        "Hot Cop!" I hear Brooke gasp wildly.

        I knew just who we were waiting for now.