Chapter 16

|Viola|

I was getting dressed laughing at Jack who was horsing around on the bed. I placed the inside of my blouse inside the skirt.

I rubbed my babys belly as he giggled. "Okay baby..babies" I corrected myself "Im going to the market theres this new thing i heard called layaway."

"Laya-ho?" Jack asked with his eyebrow raised. I sat down next to him.

"Lay-away." I broke it down for him "this thing were you buy but pay laterrrrrrr."

I stretched and emphasized the later part. He turned onto his back to the night stand.

He turned on the tuner and surprisingly his favorite song came on.

Gawd I hate that stupid jazz. Before he can pull me to dance I walked out the door.

I walked down Lexington smiling. I'm so happy with him. He's a better daddy than William well not that William really had a chance to show off his daddy skills.

I don't like the idea of him taking  his role but at the same time I don't know where the fuck he is.

I walked into the store which was full or blacks of the town. I walked down the isle with my basket.

I was looking at food that was packaged in a can! I looked at it confused so I kinda leaned to the person behind me.

"Uh how you spoused to open this?" I asked without looking up.

"Well you buy a can open-ah!" a familiar voice said I looked up and saw Colleen.

(Forgot bout Colleen ? Her description in chapter2)

Oh my gawd I jumped on this girl as we both squealed 😱 I was so shocked to see her in New York.

We had so much to say to each other that we began speaking at the same time.

Well I found out she with this darkskin chocolate brotha the one who was there shopping with her.

She's engaged and she lookes so good and grew into her skinny figure in just a year.

I took her home as we continued to catch up. We walked into Jack & I's apartment.

Jack was painting and the baby was In The middle of the living space in his bassinet.

He looked over from behind the canvas to see I have brought guest.

I decided to keep the whole William situation quiet.

"Oh my gawd Viola is this your husband?" she kissed his cheek greeting him.

Jack jumped into answer "yes" with a smirk.

I shook my head taking off my coat and walked over getting the baby. Her fiancée which I've learned name is Kenneth.

She couldn't stop squealing and she took the baby nicely and then planted the millions of kisses on him.

"Colleen, please my son can take only so much." I said laughing.

"He looks nothing like you Vi-Vi"

Jack stopped talking to Kenneth bout manly things as we looked at each other.

"He kinda looks like Jack." she said looking closely at Phillip.

If only she knew it isn't his baby or that I haven't slept with him yet.

We didnt say anything but sat there quietly. About 4 hours of bonding she left.

Phillip was in the manly arms of Jack as he was painting this secret of a masterpiece he wouldn't let me see.

I was in my nighty after bathing and I walked into the room. I was cold so i went to sit on the heater facing the canvas.

"No no no Viola you tryna sneak a peak?!" he accused me while laughing. "Nope you cant sit there."

"whyyyyyyy im colddddd." I whined I got up and sadly marched to the bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

|William|

So I am Queens cause I couldnt go back to Harlem too much heat. Havent seen or heard from Nola and im worried.

I havent heard nothing from the streets all of heard is thats shes "dead". Mercy told me to stay with Colleen i got her adress. I walked up to her stoop and knocked on the door.

She walked up so happy and jumped on me giving me a hug. I smiled and saw a sweatered glasses wearing dude apporaching her from behind.

"William this is Kenneth!" She said so damn excited. I honestly dont know why she was this happy cause we was never even that close to each other. So I stepped into they house and drank a cup of coffee.

"So have you see Viola?" I asked.. with my head down. Now i wasnt expecting an answer.

"Yeaahh! Shes lives on 142 & Lexington Brookyln" I didnt even hear the rest i ran out the door thanking her for the coffee and ran into the next street car.

We arrived in Brooklyn and it was so weird to me there was all different types of people. So i was on 142 but i didnt know what house. I looked at the list and found Mitchell her original last name.

Kinda felt a stake through the heart type moment when I saw she changed her name. I walked up to the top floor and knocked on the door..

|Jack|

I had placed the baby in his crib and lightly tapped Viola's shoulder. She woke up and looked at me with a duck face. I helped her out the bed giving her a glass of wine.

I led her out to the living room i lit around with candles. I pulled her small frame close to me tonight was the night.

We laid on the canvas sheets until i heard a knock i ignored it but Viola got up wrapped herself in a slik robe then sleepily walked towards the door. She opened it slightly to not expose what was going on in the back.

I swore she turned into stone when she saw who ever was at the door