Chapter 8

|Viola|

We've been having sex everyday and sometimes even a couple times a day.
And I've learn to love rough sex.

We make love too but I prefer it only for the night.

So I've had the job for about 1 week and it's pays well. We have new expensive China. Life is lavish for us.

Tonight I'm taking my husband on a date.

Tonight the club is hosting Langston Hugh's Midnite poems at midnight.

So I went and got myself a nice flapper dress that shows my back and almost all of my legs.

It's a dark blue and has matching long gloves with a matching feather hand band.

I got finger waves done and my nails painted.

I was at work washing left over dishes from last night with the mighty power hose after working here I realized to never eat at a restaurant

Food stays on the plates for about 72 hours and then it's only washed with water no soap.

So I was basically rinsing them off and putting them in clean piles.

I wasn't getting let off early for today for I had to prepare for tonight.

William is gonna meet up with me here tonight.

"Viola" said big sandy she's a big woman and kinda scary only time we speak is when she's yelling at me

"Y-yyeasss?" I was kinda hesitant.

"Who is this cat I heard your with" she said watching me get dressed.

"Umm this guy from back home." I answered quickly, but I couldn't help but smile at the thought of William.

"Why you ask?" I asked placing the last plate down in the pile.

"Just wanted to make sure you know um my gal was in good hands thas alll" she said walking out of the kitchen.

She was sounding unconvincing something was up.

I played it off innocently you know for I wasn't bouta make a scene over nothing.

It was 11:54 and the people started coming in I clocked out and went to the bathroom.

Looked in the storage room and got my outfit. I left super early this morning to not only be seen by Willie but to have enough hours not to work this nights event.

I unzipped the bag and pulled out the dress.

Gawd it was beautiful it had little beads hanging off the crystals and the blue oh how it complimented my dark brown complexion.

I put on the head band took another look at myself in the mirror before leaving.

I walked out to find Willie paying his ticket and walking to our table. He looked mighty fine in his blue tux.