Chapter 16

Darn the world! Why am I constantly locked away! Yes, I change into a large, wild, livestock animal but I am a person too!

Grrr... I never get to do anything cool, except when I allowed myself to be captured by humans and buck them off one by one. Now that is fun.

Maybe, when I get the opportunity, I should give these wolves a try. Muhahaha!

My eyes snapped to the door as the door knob twisted. A small girl about my age came through the door and looked at me with a cautious expression. The door clicked behind her and she walked over to me.

"Uh....Hi. Um...My name is Lilah. I'm Tyler's sister." I raised a brow at the timid girl. She did look a lot like Tyler with her blue eyes and her chin.

"I didn't know Tyler had a sister." I said and she smiled.

"Figures...Ty doesn't like talking about me. Afraid someone will snatch me away from him and I stay in the pack house with Dad. My twin is a little....territorial."

I felt my jaw slacken as I looked at Lilah. Twin? Wow.... "Twin? That's kind of cool. I hope you are more intellectually gathered than that dork." I joked and Lilah started laughing and nodding her head.

"Yes, definitely."

I put a hand over my heart and sighed in content. "Thank goodness.. I don't think I can handle another Tyler."

Liliah laughed with me. "Me neither. So glad we were not triplets."

Our laughter did not stop even when the door opened once again and all I thought was, speak of the devil.

His face was full of confusion when he looked at the both of us. "Li? What are you doing here? Ryan told everyone to say out of his room."

"Well, big brother, I just knew that Ryan was hiding the missing horse shifter in his house and I wanted to meet her." Liliah replied and smirked at him. "Plus, I wanted to know the girl at school you've always talked about."

Tyler blushed a nice pink and shuffled his feet. I pierced my lips together as I looked at him. Liliah grinned widely at her brother's embarrassment.

"Shut up, Liliah! I do not!" He shouted and stomped his foot in anger. She stuck her tongue out at him and he glared at the two of us, his cheeks still pink. "Ryan told me to get you two. Dinner is ready."

I stood up abruptly. "Finally! Don't you guys ever lock me in again! I was so bored!" I snapped at him and breezed through the door.

I heard him chuckle at me as I pushed past him and down the stairs. My body turned left as soon as I hit the ground level and I started down a hallway.

'The other way. Dallen's scent is to the right of the stairs.' Nyla said, stopping me mid step.

"Dallen?" I asked while turning around.

'Dallen, Ryan, same person, two personalities. Now go. We can only talk when you two humans are close together.' She ordered me.

I mentally held my hands up in surrender and followed Ryan's scent which eventually lead to the kitchen. With a huff, I sat down at the dinning table and Ryan looked at me from the corner of his eyes. He was once again standing at the stove with a pan in his hand.

"Hey there." He said calmly and smiled at me with a soft expression.

"You lock me in a room again, I'm shifting and letting Nyla to go town. Bathroom breaks and all." I threatened and he winced. Nyla laughed maliciously in the back of my mind.

"I will take note of that if I ever see any horse poop around." He replies.

"Good. Now what are you cooking over there?" I said while standing back up and trying to see over his shoulder.

"No. Go sit. I'll bring you yours when I'm done. Where is Tyler?" He asks while pushed me back to my chair.

I sat down with another huff and crossed my arms over my chest. "Probably arguing with Liliah.....I think that is what twin's do, right?"

Ryan shrugs. "Sometimes. I don't know much myself. I don't have a twin myself but I do have a little brother. He looks and acts a lot more like our mom while I just look a lot like-"

"-Your father. I know. That was one of the first things I noticed when I first saw you shift. It kind of scared me when I saw you." I finished for him while adding in some of my own words.

His movements halted and he turned towards me with a questioning look on his face. "Why did I scare you?"

I looked down at my lap. Man....This is not like me. I am always so tough. What the hell happened to me? Well, here it goes.

"He is the one who killed my mother and gave me the scar I am so famous for."

A loud and powerful growl erupted from my mate's chest. His arms shook at his side and his eyes turned black. I could feel my whole body freeze up when he stomped over to me and pulled me into his arms. His arms became an unbreakable cage around me and his nose seemed to be glued to my neck.

"What the hell-" Tyler started to say, coming down the stairs when Ryan growled again and pulling me impossibly tighter to his chest. Tyler looked at me with wide eyes as he fell to his knees. I saw Liliah fall to her knees as well just behind her twin.

Not knowing what to do, I carefully snaked an arm around Ryan's middle and gently rubbed his back. Ryan's shaking grew slightly before slowing down significantly. His nose was still pressed tightly against my neck.

The rumbling in his chest stopped as I continued to rub my hands down his back. A soft purr replaced his harsh growls and I saw the twins slowly stand back to their feet out of the corner of my eye.

Tyler looked at Ryan with a cautionary glance before looking at me and angerly flaring his arms from Ryan to the floor where he just knelt. I outstretched my hands and continued to calm him down.

The only warning I got was a deep growl, much like his earlier ones, just before his teeth were dug into the skin of my neck.

-------------------------------------------------------
Muhahaha!!! Another cliff hanger!

Oh, I'm sorry.....That was highly out of character of me. So....This is kind of a short chapter. I've been doing that a lot lately and I don't know why. I will try to make the next one longer....And more action too.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-Shay V--V