Chapter 10

Okay....so I want to thank cheesecake_17 for suggesting I do Ryan's POV. Hopefully this is okay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Alpha Ryan's POV

I propped my head on my hands as I pretended to listen to Dad. He continued to rant about the border patrol and how many rouges had came within a ten foot radius of our lands. While he was talking, I continued to think about my mate.

She was so beautiful with her big brown eyes and caramel colored hair. Her fresh cut grass and rain scent stuck to my mind.

'She is so beautiful. I just want to mark her, now.' Dallen, my wolf said in a dreamy tone. I nod in agreement.

"I agree with you."

A pair of fingers snapped infront of me, bringing me from my thoughts. I snap my head to look at Dad.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked while dropping my arms.

"I asked what you opinion on what to do about the shifter. Vile thing." Dad curses the last part and I struggle to keep a growl from escaping my lips.

I clear my throat and take in a deep breath. "Why can't we just let her go?" I suggested.

Dad looks at me as if I was crazy then started laughing as if I made a funny joke. "Let it go?! Ha! I won't do that. Not after Mason betrayed me. No. That thing will not be spared for what her father did."

"What did he do?" I asked, my anger almost showing though my voice. Dallen growled loudly.

He opened his mouth to answer me when a sudden pain entered my body. I gasped for air and fell out of my chair, holding my chest.

"Ryan!" Dad shouted and I started shaking.

Tears had started pouring our of my eyes as the pain increased to an unimaginable level. I faintly heard footsteps as more people came into the room. I felt myself being lifted up when I cried out in pain. It felt as if my ribs and so many other bones in my body had been crushed into dust. Eventually it all became too much for me to handle that my vision started to blacken.

'Mate.....' Dallen whimpered just before I lost consciousness.

∆∆∆∆∆

"...his mate.....great deal of pain.....-wake soon."

I heard the voice of one of the pack doctors. I groaned silently at my eyes attempted to open. My body ached tremendously as I pushed myself to a sitting position.

"Ryan?" I heard Tyler's voice outside of the door.

"In here." I said in a groggy voice. Tyler appeared through the open doorway and walked in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked while sitting in a chair right next to the hospital bed.

"I feel like I went through my first shift a couple hundred times." I replied.

Tyler winced. "Ouch. How did it happen?"

"I don't know. One moment I was talking to Dad about the shifter, next I was on the ground." I shook my head in confusion and ran a hand through my hair. "Dallen said 'mate' just before I passed out."

Tyler's face twisted in confusion before looking at me in shock. "You found your mate?! Awesome! Who is she?"

I bit my lip and looked out the door for any pack member close by. "Promise not to tell anyone. Not even my dad."