[Zarry] A Little Out Of Place

The one where Zayn works at a comic book store and Harry wonders in, looks a bit out of place, but settles into the way Zayn blushes and acts all nervous. 

xx

__________________________________________________________________   

  It’s a quiet Monday afternoon. Zayn is sitting at the counter in his comic book store. There is no one inside, he’s all alone, leaning back against the wall and pushing his black framed glasses further up on his nose. His hair is sticking up in all different directions and he feels rather tired, but he is too into reading the comic on his lap to really care much about anything else going on.

            He’s pulled from his world of superheroes and villains when the bell rings from the front of the shop. His head snaps up and he finds himself staring at a tall and skinny guy, with wild curly hair and a half smile on his face that looks rather cheeky. Zayn finds his eyes glued to the lad, and he can’t look away even when he tells himself to. It’s not every day that guys like that walk into the comic book store, with long torsos and muscles arms and big bright green eyes that are shining in the light of the store. Normally, the people who come in here are wearing big glasses and have high waisted pants and pocket protectors.

            “Uh, hi,” Zayn mutters, as he sets his book and stands up. His skinny jeans are slipping down and he pulls his pants up and dusts off his shirt with the cut off sleeves, exposing his tattoos. He feels self conscious all of the sudden. “Can I help you?” Surely this guy is in the wrong store.

            The stranger walks towards the counter and smiles happily, “Yeah actually, I’m here to buy a comic book for my nephew. He’s really into all of this stuff and I’m not really sure what to get him,”

            “That’s easy,” Zayn says, walking around the stranger and towards the back where the batman series are stacked, “Stick with some classics,”

            “Okay. What do you recommend,” The stranger looks at Zayn’s name tag, “Zayn?”

            “Oh I uh,” The look that Zayn is receiving from this beautiful guy is starting to make him sweat, “Well I guess I would recommend these,” His fingers are a bit shaky and he picks up two or three books covered in a plastic, “I love them,”

            “Yeah?”

            Zayn nods and swallows, his eyes flashing to the stranger and then back to the books.

            “Then I’ll take the three of these,” The man says, “Tell me, Zayn, are there any extra things you sell here?”

            “I uh—what?” Zayn stutters.

            “I’m just pulling your leg. You’re a cutie,”

            “A…a cutie,” Zayn repeats.

            “My name is Harry, by the way,”

            “Hi, Harry,” Zayn says.

            They walk slowly over towards the counter and Zayn returns to the back, where he rings up the three comic books and puts them into the bag. Harry smirks, “I like your tattoos?”

            “Thank you,” Zayn blushes deeper and deeper. He can’t believe this beautiful guy is hitting on him and looking at him with these big green eyes. Harry is seriously beautiful, and Zayn looks up to him and hands the comics over, “Here,”

            “Wait,” Harry says, “I…I’ll be back,”

            “Yeah?”

            “Yes,” Harry shakes his head, “This is the only comic book store I’ll come to. The next time I need some for my nephew,”

            “Okay,” Zayn says, “Okay,”

            Harry stays true to his word. It’s a month or so later when Harry returns. He walks straight up to the counter where Zayn is and flattens his hands on the glass top. Zayn looks down at his large hands and then up to his face. Harry’s smiling, his dimples showing, and he says, “So I need to know something,”

            “…okay?” Zayn is always so nervous around this guy.

            “I need to know if you’ll go out on a date with me,” Harry says, “I was hoping maybe you’d like to get a bite to eat or something,”

            Zayn nods a little, his eyes wide, “Sure,” Zayn can’t believe that this guy, this attractive, nice, caring guy who bought comics for his nephew wants to have dinner….with him.

            “Great, when do you get off? I’ll pick you up?” Harry asks.

            “Seven,”

            Zayn spends the rest of the day nervously pacing around the store and reading comics to pass time. Only a few customers come in, but nothing really happens. Finally, when seven comes around, Zayn closes up the store and fixes his hair and takes off his nametag, heading to the front of the store where he stands and waits, not really sure when or in what car he should expect Harry.

            The problem is, seven o’clock passes without any person coming near the comic store. Zayn stands alone on the street in front of the store, doing nothing. Maybe Harry had been joking. Maybe Zayn hadn’t caught how this was so funny.

            It’s almost seven thirty when Zayn starts walking home. He’s a lot more upset than he should be. After all, he just met this guy. This Harry. Who didn’t even care to show up. Zayn feels tears coming to his eyes.

            “Wait! Zayn!”

            Zayn turns around and sees Harry running towards him with his arms flailing over his head. Zayn wants to yell at him.

            “I’m so sorry,” Harry’s breathing is heavy when he catches up to Zayn, “My car broke down and I had to runs all the way here. I’m so sorry I’m late,” He pushes his curly hair to the side and looks into Zayn’s eyes with a lot of sincerity.

            “It’s…fine,” Zayn shrugs it off.

            “No, it’s not,” Harry shakes his head and then smirks, “Can I make it up to you?”

            “How are you—Harry,”

            Harry jumps forward and presses his lips to Zayn’s wrapping his arms around his head and pulling him as close as he can. Zayn’s eyes widen, but then he closes them, focusing on the way Harry’s lips feel against his own.

            “Do you feel any better?” Harry asks with a grin.

            Zayn’s cheeks are blushed and red and he nods again and again, “Yes,”

            “Good, now for this date….”

_______________________________________________________________

There you go!

Someone requested this as a Ziam, but I have a seperate collection for my Ziam one shots, so I turned this into a Zarry one. 

I hope you like it.

xx

Let me know what you think. Comments please! ^_^