13

By the time we found out what was happening, a few Dauntless and Candor members were running around frantically. The rest were on the floor,in some sort of deep sleep.

Callan and I were shot on the way inside. We woke up a few minutes later and processed what was happening.

Erudite were looking for divergents, they found a way to find them. The divergents were waking up a few minutes after being shot whereas the rest, well, it lasted longer.

We scurried around until we got to a room with a few people on the floor. Tris was one of them. My eyes fumbled onto the people standing up around the four people on the floor. Eric was there. Callan and I stood back, not to be seen. Eric starts explaining something to them.

I get in closer to listen.

"We want to see how useful you really are. You." Eric walks over to a young Candor boy. He pulls out the familiar gaget he'd used on me in Amity, to scan which factions I had in my system.

He scans the boy.

"Only 60%." He pauses. "Tut, tut, tut." He raises his gun and before I knew it, he shot. The Candor boy was dead. That's when Four came stumbling in.

Eric went to a little girl next. I couldn't see from her clothes whether she was Candor or Dauntless.

"Hey sweetheart." Eric smiles at the little girl.

"Leave them out of this." Four grunts.

Eric scans the child.

"20%." He pauses.  "What a waste." He chuckles and raises the gun to the child. Tris pounces on Eric then. I hadn't realised Max was with him until now.  Eric takes control and pins Tris down then, strangling her to the limit.

"Eric. Test her." Eric gets up and stops himself, groaning.

He scans Tris.

"No."

Max looks at it aswell.

"100%?" Max scoffs and they both laugh. Thats when Four caught them by surprise and pounced. Max managed to get away but Four wasn't  letting Eric go. This is when I started to struggle watching.

I knew what four was capable of. Four forced Eric onto his knees of the shiny surface.

"You wouldn't." Eric pauses. "You're too much of a coward." He chuckles. Callan held me now. Despite the fact I swore off this man and wanted him to suffer, death wasn't the answer. The more I denied my love for him, the more I actually realised how much I do love him. I push away from Callan and scoff. Rushing to where they all were.

"Four, put the gun down." I plead, my breath hitching.

"Is that Cassia?" Eric's breathing also stops for a second. I noticed he was facing Four so couldn't see me.

Four doesn't budge.

"Tobias Eaton." I scoff.

"He doesn't have the strength to do it Cassia, don't worry. Do it, Eaton." My heart stops as I look towards Four.

"Sorry Cassia." He turns his head to look away and pulls the trigger.

¤

Tears dropped from my eyes, filling my cheeks. I couldn't speak, couldn't move, couldn't look away at his slumped over body.

"Cassia.." Four has a sense of guilt in his voice, as he should. The moment he pulled the trigger was the moment that my whole world shattered.

I bring my teary eyes to Four. Him and Tris were hand in hand. They were happy. Happiness, a feeling I'd never experience again.

I felt a hand on my back, it wasn't Callan as he was stood to my side, also looking down at Eric.

"What the hell happened here?" It was Sam's voice. He looked down at Eric, then towards Four and saw the gun. He turned to me then back to Four. "You. What have you fucking done." He starts the pace towards Four. I could hear people filling the room. "You're scum. He was the guy my sister loved, you're absolute scum." Four reloaded his gun in warning.

Sam stepped back and looked towards me.

I still couldn't speak. I look back to Eric's slumped body. My mouth opens to speak but words don't come out. I close my mouth again.

I look over to Callan.

"He was a dick to you." Callan murmurs. I shook my head and turned away from them, now facing a crowd of Dauntless and Candor people. Jack Kang has a sorrowful look on his face when he notices me.

I start to walk through the crowd of people, hearing Sam follow behind.

My whole world had shattered into a million pieces.