1

My eyes gazed upon the beaufiul bright blue sky above Amity. I could feel a slight breeze in the air which combatted the heat buring down on my head. I flicked my long stands of ashy blonde hair over my right shoulder. It felt like I had already been here for an eternity, although it was only just over a year. I hear footsteps in the leaves behind me.

"Happy Birthday, Cass!" Callan surprised me by sneaking up on me. I sware I had jumped a mile. The hairs on my arms were sticking up as I laughed.

"You scared the life out of me, Callan!" I whined, slapping his arm playfully. He chuckled and bit his lower lip, handing me a small jewellery box. It was red velvet and beautiful.

"It's nothing expensive, I just thought you'd like it." He informed me. "Not the box, what's inside it you idiot!" He then confirmed and I chuckled and nodded.

"You knkw you didn't have to get me anything." I told him. I smiled at his cute little face and opened up the box. There lying on top of the velvet insides was a beautiful charm bracelet. It was silver and had speckles of black and red on it.

"I thought, since you've had a tough life, you could remember the good times by putting them on here." He told me and I dropped the box, holding the bracelet in my hand and hugging him tightly.

"Seriously Callan, this is amazing! You shouldn't have!" I chirped and kissed his cheek, then placing the charm bracelet on my wrist, the one with the daisy tattoo imprinted on my skin. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck and nuzzled my head into his chest. He was all I had, my best friend.

"Come on, I hear we have guests." He excitedly chirps and I smile.

"You go ahead, I'll catch up with you." I told him and he nodded, kissing my hand before leaving me to be by myself. When I was sure he couldn't hear me I spoke. "Eric, if your still out there, I miss you. I wish I could see you, hold you and apologise for all the hurt I've put you through. If your somewhere out there, let me know." Tears escape my eyes and I find myself struggling to contain myself.

"Four, it's about time you forfilled your promise, I feel so alone. I only have Callan here with me and I can't stand you not here being my rock. I just hope your safe." I choke and sob into my hands.

×××××

It was hard, trying to find Callan at the dining hall. There were so many people there and we normally got there together. When I finally saw him, it was hard not to wipe my eyes. He was standing by a table with three people sat at it and one standing up next to him, talking.

The two on one side of he table were young boys and there was a girl with short hair sat the other side. It was hard to make out from the back, since he had Amity clothes on but I was convinced the guy standing up talking to Callan was Four. Callan looked over at me then and smiled, the man next to him turned his head.

It was Four.

He looked right at me. I was absolutely gobsmacked. I dropped my plate in excitement and my feet carried me in a sprint towards them. Four walked closer to me and extending his arms out. When I reached him, he pulled me into a giant hug and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I thought you were never going to come!" I croaked into his chest, crying into his shirt.

"I promised, didn't I?" He tightened his hug. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Look stiff, you've got competition." I heard being called out from behind me. I broke out of Fours hug and turned around. The girl was looking at me and smiling. She must be his girlfriend, she was so pretty.

I smiled back at her then looked at the two boys, the one who had made the remark had dark hair but a sleek, perfectly structured face. The other boy had light brown hair and a baby face. He resembled the girl a lot.

"Cassia, this is my girlfriend Tris, her brother Caleb and the reject, Peter." Four introduced the people sat in front of me. Then he looked at the others. "This is Cassia, a really good friend of mine." He introduced me.

"I'd like her to be a really good friend of mine." Peter remarked and I roll my eyes.

"I can see why he's the reject." I smiled at him but he was biting his lip and checking out my body. "My eyes are up here pretty boy." I point to my eyes and his follow my gesture.

I took Four's seat now, next to his girlfriend. "I like your name, Tris." I compliment her and she smiled.

"Thanks, it used to be Beatrice but that was a while back. Before Dauntless." She told me. I could see in her eyes she was still weary of me, not knowing what to make of me yet. I didn't blame her, she just saw me get engulfed by her boyfriends arms.

"Beatrice and Caleb." I remembered from that one time, when Eric and I went out into the city. When I met Callan. "You're the Priors, right?" I asked them both and they both nodded.

"I know you from somewhere." Caleb finally spoke. I looked over to him with a confused look on my face. "I saw you, jumping off the train with another leader." Caleb knew me still from that moment.

"Yeah, with Eric." Tris finished. I nodded.

"Yeah, that's when I saw you guys." I clicked and Caleb smiled at what he'd remembered from that day.

"How come I haven't seen you before, I think that's quite unfair to be honest. I would've like to have seen you jump off a train." Peter winked at me cheekily.

"Maybe you will someday, cupcake." I winked back and he smiled to himself, I could see he blush rising upon his cheeks.

For once in my life I didn't have Eric on my mind, I was thinking of myself.