"He thought I was skipping school because of him and wanted to see if everything was okay between us."

"Why does he even still care?" He scoffed.

"Your jealousy is really annoying. We're mates and you need to learn to trust me and to stop being so paranoid. Do I ever question you about the human girl?" I glared at him. After weeks of blowing up his phone, he had finally answered and let her know things we over. I believed him when he told me and had not once questioned him about it. So, I don't understand why he continues to question my loyalty when I've never given him a reason to even after he's given me countless reasons of why to not trust him.

"I haven't spoken to her since, and it isn't like we'll come in contact like you with Peter will."

"It shouldn't matter, you should trust me whether we're in the same room with each other or not."

His eyes soften, "Hailee, I do trust you but-."

"There shouldn't be a but." I cut him off. "You're right." He sighed looking down in shame, "I'm sorry."

"You should be. Can we please go." Without another word, he started the car up and pulled out of my school's parking lot. When we finally got to the pack house I begin finishing off my planning for tomorrow's party. Being that this was the first party I was throwing as Luna of this pack and so many people were coming I had to make sure this thing was perfect and that is why I stayed up way past my bedtime making sure everything was in order.

"I'm beat," Kate sighed leaning back into the chair she was sitting in. After mindlinking her a dozen or so times she finally agreed to come and help. In the beginning, I wanted to prove to her that I could do this without her help but since my friends had bailed on me she was my only option to get it all done.

"It is pretty late," I said glancing over at the clock and seeing that it was way past three in the morning.

"I was planning on it,"

"Thanks for saving my ass."

She smiled, "It what sisters are for." Putting on her shoes she then said her goodbyes before leaving and going home.

"Hailee it's late." Mason stood in the doorway of the dining room just after Kate left.

"I know, I'm just finishing up." I was still a bit mad at him from the way he acted earlier but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him. One of the worst things about the mate bond is when you want to be mad at your mate the other side of you wants to apologize for something you didn't even do.

"I'm sorry," He apologizes once again, "I know that I need to learn to put my jealousy aside and for now on I will learn to keep my jealousy intact." He walked over to me, "Now please come to bed, I can't sleep without you."

I smiled loving seeing his vulnerability, "I forgive you." I logged off my laptop and closed it. "Let's go to bed." Placing my hand in his we made our way upstairs.

The next morning, we had all got up early. I focused on the decorations for the back yard of the packhouse while Mason focused on patrolling the pack territory and greeting the incoming packs. All of our allies were scheduled to be coming, including our old enemies The Red Bloods Pack. We were all aware of our past issues but since the war was over we hoped to move on from that situation.

Our allies begin arriving and I was more than happy to see them all especially Natalie. The possibility of not seeing her ever again after that nasty fight we had helped me see that I needed to let things go. Yes, Natalie betrayed my trust but being that I've known her my whole life I know that she isn't a malicious person and would never intentionally hurt me.