Chapter Twenty-Six

*NOT EDITED*

Alpha Mason.

It was around 3 a.m. when I got a called from Alpha Caine telling me that his mate, April was missing. Apparently she was working at her mother's clothing store when she was taken. Caine did have wolves station outside of her job but somehow they overpowered the two pack fighters and killed the both of them before going inside the store. She did mind linked Caine to tell him what was going on but before she could finished she had been knocked out, and Caine was too far away to get to her in time.

"What are we gonna do?" Hailee asked me as she cutely wiped the sleep from her eyes. The covers that was once covering her legs had been pushed to the end of the bed leaving her legs bare. I couldn't wait for those sexy legs to be- I shook my head to get rid of the dirty thoughts I was currently having. For the past couple of days I was finding it harder and harder to not complete the mating ritual, I really wanted to wait until after we got rid of all the rogues but I don't know how long I could hold out.

"I'm gonna have to go help look for her." I went to my closet and moments and changed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. There was no way I wasn't gonna help Caine, he was like a little brother to me and I know if I was in the same situation he would be there for me.

"Are you sure it's safe?"

"Of course it's not." She frowned. I came and sat next to her and pulled her into my lap. She curled up against me making me and my wolf purr. "But everything is going to be okay, I promise. We've been training for this for weeks."

"Okay." She said sadly. "What should I do to help?" She said making me smile. One thing that I loved about her is that she never hesitated to jump into her Luna duties.

I thought back to the meeting and what Noah had said happen to pop in my mind. "Noah said that they were planning to attack all the packs all at once."

"Okay." She nodded and waited for me to continue.

"I need you to get all the women and children in the basement and all male fighters are to be patrolling the whole time, plus any women that wants to join."

I was always cautious when letting female wolves fight in battles. Rogues were ruthless and there is not telling what they would do to them, but if they wanted to fight I couldn't denied them that right.

"You aren't going alone, right?" She said as she bit her lip nervously.

"No. I gonna take Mark and a few other fighters. I'll leave you and Sam in charge. Everything is going to be fine." I kissed her lips. "I love you."

It was important for me to ensure her that things would be good, I didn't want her worrying about me, plus I knew if she wanted me to stay here I would have no other choice but to and I would hate to leave Caine and his pack hanging but my mate came first no matter what.

"I love you too." I cupped her face and kissed her lips once again.

I would never get tired of hearing those words and being able to kiss her sweet, sweet lips and to think I almost threw this all away.

Before anything else could happen there was a knock on the door. I placed her back on to the bed and covered her with the duvet before going to open the door for Jeffery. He was a top fighter in my pack and had recently mated to one of Hailee friends, Candice. "He's gonna be watching over you until I get back." I told Hailee.

"Hailee." He waved.

"Hello Jeffery. How are thing with you and Candice?" She asked sweetly.

"Um." He paused. "Could be better." From what Hailee had told me they were having quite a few issues since they figured out they were mates because Jeffery was not shy about the women he had bedded and of course Candice wasn't too happy about that.