Chapter Twenty-Eight

LUNA HAILEE

After ending my phone call with April I mind linked Kate and Judi to meet me in the hallway. Judi handed Mark Jr. to Leah and the both of them followed me out.

"We'll be right back," I told Jeffery when he made a move to get up. He nodded and sat back down next to Candice. Who seem to be numbed through this situation, much like the others in the room. Shutting the door behind us, I turned to see the same two female guards' station outside of the door. "Check on the house and make sure no rogues got in," I told them.

"And if they are, what do you want us to do with them." Asked by the red haired girl that I knew of by the name of Wilma. She was a lot older than me so I didn't really know her that well. I did know that she was a single mom after her mate had been killed. I admired her courage to fight in this battle without knowing the outcome of the situation. There was a possibility that her kids could end up without a father or a mother just like Sam and I. At that moment I knew that I would do everything in my power to make sure that no other kids in our pack would in end up like Sam and I did. When it came to these senseless rogues we would show no mercy.

"Kill them." They nodded and left for upstairs.

"What did you find out?" Kate asked me once they were gone up the stairs.

"Apparently the kidnapping of April was an ambush to get Mason away from the pack."

"So that they can take over the pack," Judi asked with a face full of panic.

"Not exactly. They did the same thing to Alpha Ryan. We don't know what they're planning but it involves the two of them and Alpha Paul."

"Alpha Paul? What does this have to do with him?" Kate ran her hands through her blonde hair. I could tell that everything was weighing on her. Ever since I had met Kate she was always well put together. But the way she looks now I can barely recognize her. Her eyes were bloodshot red with bags underneath them. Her hair was a completely and she had chewed all her fingernails off. I couldn't wait for this stupid war to be over so that we all could return back to our normal lives.

"That's what we need to figure out."

I knew I wasn't a strong enough fighter to fight in the battle. What I did know was that I was capable of figuring out what cause this whole war and after that we would be able to end this whole thing.

"I can call my parents and see if they know anything?" Kate offered.

"I can talk to the older pack members and see if they know any connection," Judi added.

I nodded. "Mark's father might know something." Judi nodded and went on her mission.

"You should call Natalie she might have heard something from Ellie," Kate suggested.