Chapter Fourteen

*NOT EDITED*

Luna Hailee

Flashback: Eight Years Ago

I, Sam and my mother were all sitting in the living room watching a movie when my dad busted in the front door only wearing grey sweat pants. "There's an attack on the pack."

"What?" We all said in unison.

"Kids go get ready I have to get you to the pack house where everyone is at."

Sam and I both went to grab our emergency bags that were in the hallway closet. They were filled with food, flashlights, and extra clothes. When it came to attacks on the packs they could last for long amounts of time.

"No that's too dangerous. We should just stay here." My mother Carrie suggested.

"No. Carrie we must leave now." He cupped her face and pressed his lips against hers. "If I leave you here no one will protect you."

"Dad if we stay here I can protect them." Sam said.

Sam was 15 years old and had already started training to be the Beta. But no wolf was allowed to fight in a war unless they were at least 16 years or older.

"And who's gonna protect you? Now let's go now."

We rushed outside to see, Nate a pack fighter in wolf form, he motion with his head for us all to follow him. As we was on our way we saw many dead wolves on the ground some from the pack and some rogues.

"Try not to look." Dad said through our mind-link.

We were just a few miles from the pack house when a group of rogues ran up behinds us.

"You guys keep running me and Nate will catch up." My Dad ordered.

When we reached the pack house we shifted back and the guards let us in. We followed my mom down to the basement where all the other female and pups were. Before we could walk in she stopped us. "I love you guys and if anything happens, know that." She kissed Sam and I's cheek.

"Mom!" Sam said trying to get her attention.

"Your father love you to, very much." She said ignoring Sam.

"Mom!" Sam yelled. "You can't leave." He told her.

"I have to go help."

"No, mom, dad said stay here." Sam said trying to get her to stay.

"I can't." She said as struggled to not cry. "I need to go help. You guys are perfectly safe and I going to be back."

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." She kissed and hugged us one last time before ushering us into a secret room in the basement design for emergency. "I love you."

And that was the last time I saw my parents.

<><>

"I can't believe you told Sam."

"I know it just came out."

"He's totally gonna kill him when he finds out." She said referring to Mason. "Luckily he's out of town for the next few days"

For the new few days Mason would be traveling around America meet with different Alphas and creating treaties with them.

"Right." I closed my lap top and went to sit next to her on the bed. "The whole pack probably knows by now.

Sam was determine to find out who my mate was and he was doing in the most irrational way possible. He was currently meeting with all the mate less males in our pack trying to figure out who was my mate. I don't think he knows that he's only making it worse and more embarrassing for me.

"Aren't you going out with Peter?"

"I'm not feeling up to it, I'm just gonna cancel."

As I grabbed my phone to text Peter there was a knock at the door. "Come in." Natalie said just as the door open and in walked Sam.

"Beta Sam, what are you doing here?" She bowed her head in respect for him.

"Natalie you know why I'm here and I want answers now." He said completely ignoring the fact that I was right there.

"Sam, leave Natalie out of this." I said standing up in front of her blocking her from his view. He took one look at me before moving me from in front of Natalie leaving her unsure of what to do now.

"Natalie." He said in a stern tone. She looked to me for help.

"Sam." Since the whole issue had come up he's been ignoring me. Why? I have no clue, it made no sense to ignore me. "Leave her alone."

"If you would just tell me, I wouldn't have to do all this." He turned to me.

I laughed, "Do you think this is easy for me?" I asked. "You've literally told half of the pack that my own mate rejected me."

"Hailee-." I cut him off.

"No, don't Hailee me." I yelled.

"I just trying to protect you." He said as Natalie silently left the room shutting the door behind her.

"Protect me? You're hurting me." Tears were streaming down my face.

"Kate told me that something was wrong and I was to focus on the baby and I didn't listen." He sighed as he sat down on the bed putting his hands in his face. "What do you want me to do?"

I wiped my face, and sat beside him. "You can start be buying me some ice cream." He laughed. "And maybe watching the Notebook with me, if you up to it, and won't cry throughout the movie again."

"You're just like mom, always so strong."

"And you're just like dad, always trying to save someone." We laughed.

"I'll leave it alone, and when you're ready to talk, I'll be here."

"Thank you."

Kelly Clarkson: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

Sam in the MM

I want to thank all you guys for continuing to read and support this book, I love you guys so much. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!