I turned back to them, "Emily? Judi?"

"I can come for a few hours but I have to work," Emily replied sadly.

"It's fine, I'll just see you tomorrow," I said wanting her to have a break before she had to deal with the bad kids in the pack daycare.

"Okay, see you guys later." She hugged the both of us before heading to her class.

"I can't either," Judi said apologetically.

"Why not?" I pouted seeing as I would be working all by myself tonight to make sure everything for the party was perfect for tomorrow.

"My parents called, we're all having a dinner/ meet my son type of thingy." She said sounding beyond nervous which I could completely understand with this being the first time that she's talked to her family in months.

"Aww," I hugged her, "I'm so happy things are working out."

"Me too, I really miss them, and hopefully things don't turn into a shit-show."

"Good luck,"

"Thanks, because I definitely need it."

<><>

When I woke up this morning I had never thought I would be here right now sitting face to face with someone that I haven't spoken to in weeks. It turned out that I knew more than I thought I did, I was sure that I wouldn't get anything higher than a C+ and considering I barely studied that was pretty good. I finished my exam early and since I did I was able to go to the library to study for my Economics exam that I would be taking after lunch. I had only sat down for a minute and pulled out my notes when he walked over.

"Hey, Hailee." His hands were stuffed in his pocket and he looked fairly nervous.

"Peter, how have you been?" I smiled up at him. Despite our bad break-up, I harbored no bad feelings for him.

"Good. May I?" He gestured to the chair that was at the table I was sitting at.

"Go ahead. Is there something you wanted to talk about?" I asked as he sat across from me.

"Umm, yeah actually I did." He cleared his throat, "I want to apologize for everything that happens. I never expected for things to go sour the way that it did."

"It's fine," I brushed it off, "Plus it was my fault I should have told you."

"I just noticed that you've been missing some time from school and I don't want our failed relationship to stop you from, you know, doing good in school."

It sorts of annoyed me that he thought he had so much power over me that I would skip school because I couldn't stand to be without him. But being that I was so happy I wouldn't let it get to me. "I had a death in the family Peter,"

"Oh," He replied dumbly. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Thanks." I forced a smile hoping that he would leave the table so that I could study.

"Great. So, we're okay?"

"Of course, I wish you the best," I said honestly before turning my attention to my notes. He tried to have small talk with me but I was barely paying attention and after a while, he received the message, said his goodbyes and left the library. After lunch, I took my last Exam and when I was done I was able to leave school early. After texting Mason I sat in front of the school and after a few minutes, he was there to pick me up.

"You smell like that human boy," He growled out just as I sat down in the passenger seat and shut the door.

"Yeah, we talked for a bit," I said but didn't go in detail. "Yeah, and about what." I rolled my eyes at him being jealous even though I wore his mark and we had already mated.