seventeen

4K VIEWS WTF IM CRYINSNSJW

"You what?" I ask in disbelief.

"You heard me," he chuckles.

"Don't fucking chuckle, Dolan. This isn't funny.. How-- how could you say that, when I'm leaving in two days! Two days!" I was angry. Angry at the fact that he did love me, and he was stupid enough to say it now. You have no idea how much harder this is going to be now.

"I-I'm sorry. I needed to admit it to myself, before I admitted it to you. And the day I broke up with Lacey was the day that I did," he explains. So I wasn't dreaming. He actually said he loved me.

"Okay, but you're still stupid. We're probably never going to see each other after I leave. So what was the point?" I scoff, annoyed that he didn't tell me. That was so long ago, he could've said it.

"Look, I thought I had more time. This news was blown up in my face, so suddenly too."

"And you don't think this was blown in my face too? It came out of no where! I didn't know I was moving to Australia, but if I did, I would have told you weeks before so you could man your ass up, and tell me you loved me soone-"

His soft, delicate lips met mine and for the second time it managed to calm me down. I kiss back, eager for this. His arms go around my waist, pulling me closer as my arms go to his neck, tangling my hands in his hair.

He pulls away, and stares at my eyes.

He's so wonderful, and I can't believe I'm leaving him. I feel like there wasn't enough time. Like we needed more. Or maybe we just needed to do these things sooner.

I can't be loosing my best friend. The guy I love. He fixed me after doing stupid things. He picked up the pieces that were broken from my mom, from Peter. (her ex, if you still remembered)

I break down, sobbing, falling onto my knees. This can't be happening. Just when I thought my life was well put together, my dad had to get this job promotion, and ruin what I love.

Ethan has worry written all over his face, as he bends down to my level, pulling me into his embrace. "Shh.. it's okay." He whispers calming things into my ear, as his hand strokes my hair.

I sob once again, throwing my arms around Ethan's body, "I don't wanna leave," I tell him.

"I know, I know."

-----

ethans pov

It broke me seeing her cry. She was right, it was so, so, so, so, so stupid of me to tell her I loved her right now, but I thought she'd be happy, because all I wanted to do was let her know before she left. Because if she didn't, she'd leave thinking that I only thought of her as a best friend, which I don't. Because I love her so much.

And I said I didn't know what love was, but I do. And it's what I feel for Carter. Which is why I'll be devastated when she leaves.

The more I stroke her hair, the more she calms down, and eventually, she falls asleep in my arms.

I carefully lay her head down on a pillow from her bed, and lay a blanket on top her. Her bed was covered in clothes and things for her to pack, which is why I could lay her on the bed.

Making things easier for her, I decided to finish the packing for her, so she wouldn't have to stress about it, and also so she won't have to think about it more than she already was.

------

After packing in most of her things, I plant a kiss onto her forehead, before leaving her room, and looking around the house for her father.

I see his office door slightly cracked, and I open it a little, to see him sitting at his desk. He looks up through his eyelashes, to see me.

"Hey, need something?" He asks.

I let myself into the room, sitting on one of the chairs in front of his desk. "Yeah. Carter is, uh, really passionate about not going to Australia. I mean, is there anyway she could stay?"

He shakes his head, sighing, "I know she doesn't want to, but I can't just leave her here. She's got no family. When she grows up, and wants to come back here, she can. But for now, I've got to take her. She isn't an adult yet, Ethan."

I nod, knowing he's right, "But what if she stays with us, you know, and finish high school here?" I plead. "It's only a year left, and I've summer she can visit?"

"Ethan, I know how much you want her to stay, but she just can't. It's wrong of me to leave my daughter here with another family to take care of her. Makes me look irresponsible,"

"Please," I beg. "Look, I love your daughter. I can't live without her, there's gotta be something you could do?" I ask, my eyes tearing.

He stares at me for a moment before letting out a sigh, "I guess, I'll try and talk to Lisa. But I can't promise you anything,"

"No, I know. Thank you," I say, getting up from the chair, and walking out the room. I walk into Carter's room once again, to see her lying in the same position I left her.

I lift the blanket, lying down next to her, and holding her small body closely, afraid I'll forget what she feels like.

_____________

END OF CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Okay, it's 4am and I'm not tired. Something wrong lol

Until next chapter!