Chapter 16

The hobo had died! Murr came out and glanced around for me. He finally saw me and came over.

"What are you doing?"

"I....I bought this sandwich for this guy and when I returned he.... he was dead."

"Oh Sam. I'm really sorry."

"Should we call the cops?"

"He's a hobo. I doubt he has a family and they wouldn't do anything."

"We can't leave him here." I grabbed my phone and informed the police of the hobo.

"Come Sam, I'm going to be late. He'll be okay.... well not okay but the police will find him."

I nodded and followed Murr. I was thinking about eating the sandwich but I decided to just give it to another hobo if I spotted one. Maybe they'll survive if they eat. I really felt bad. I followed Murr for a few blocks, we ended up in the middle of Times Square.

"How do People not recognize you while you're actually in the middle of everything?"

"Luck."

"Unlike that hobo." I looked down

"You did a nice thing for him anyway. Sad things happen to everyone. He's in a better, warmer, safer place now." He put his hand on my back and rubbed it.

"Thanks." I spotted the guys and the camera crew. We walked over to them.

"Guys it's Sam!" said Murr

"Well hey! Long time no see." They laughed

"Yeah I just ran into Murr.. again and he told me I could watch."

"Although I did say at the end you could say hi but you don't look like you'd pretend you don't know us. So why not." Murr laughed

"We are about to start so go sit by the crew over there." Sal pointed

I watched the guys record their future episode, it was really fun. They had to do a few retakes. It takes awhile to get everything perfect, I really appreciated what they did. Today they were asking people to sign a petition the other guys wrote. No one really payed attention to them surprisingly. I guess everyone in New York City had more important things to do than stare at people making a tv show.  After they were done, Joe and Sal had given me a hug and quickly went off home. Q and Murr stayed a bit. We moved inside a pizza shop. Murr went over to order some food.

"So you live across from James now." said Q

"I do."

"Is it weird? Does he get a lot of ladies back there?"

"No but his nephew visits a lot."

"Nephew?" He looked puzzled

"Ryan."

"Oh oh... yeah."

"He goes to school with me."

"Wow you sure are one lucky fan."

"Yeah lucky fan, I wouldn't say a lucky person."

"And why is that?"

Murr came towards us with 3 slices of pizza.

"Aw no you didn't have to buy me a slice." I said

"Well it didn't look like you were going to eat that sandwich. It's my treat."

"Yeah why do you have a sandwich with you?"

"It was supposed to go to a hobo... but he died when I was about to give it to him."

"Ah man that's hard. Is that what you meant by not being a lucky person?"

"Kind of.. it's just, I haven't made any friends ever since I moved."

"Well you got me." said Murr

"I love you, but no offense I need someone my own age. You would not want to hang out with me."

"And what do you call this?"

"Well... okay you got me."

"We can be your friends until you find people your own age... maybe Ryan can be your friend." Q looked at Murr and he looked shocked and then away at his pizza.

"Ryan has other friends. I'll survive I guess." 

After pizza I had said goodbye to Q, and I walked back towards the apartment with Murr.

"I don't know if I should ask but what's with Ryan?" I said quietly

"What do you mean? He's fine."

"It's just, you seem disturbed when he's brought up."

"I think it's just coincidental. Nothing to do with Ryan himself."

"Oh okay good."

I did not believe that for a second but I respected him not wanting to tell me. I wouldn't trust a random girl either. We walked past where the hobo was, his blanket he slept on was there but he wasn't. I wonder what they did with his body. Did they contact his family? Or throw him in the ocean? What do they do with hobos? What if they couldn't find the family? Or there was no family? Did he have friends? I wouldn't think so... I was too worked up over this, as soon as I made it back home I thanked Murr and ran upstairs.

"Hey I'm back." I said

"You spent the whole day out! I was worried sick! You didn't answer your phone." Tracy said

"I turned it on silent because I didn't want it to interfere with the shooting."

"Shooting!? Where were you that there were guns!?"

"No I watched the Impractical Jokers shoot an episode."

"A simple text would've eased my mind! I was afraid you disappeared."

"Sorry Tracy."

"Did you find a job atleast?"

"Damn it, I got so distracted I only applied to one."

Tracy had poured me a cup of tea, it's like she had read my mind.

"This is why you shouldn't have went alone."

"I'll try again tomorrow."

I sat down and sipped my tea. I then looked at the sandwich in my bag, I hadn't given it to anybody and it was going to go bad if I kept it in my bag. So I went to the windowsill and threw it on the ground, I don't know why but I hoped a hobo or an animal would find it and eat it.

"Did you just...." Alfie stuttered

"Yea I threw a sandwich out a window. It's been a long day. Goodnight." I petted his head and went to my room.