Chapter 7

We left the movies around 10:30 and Julie seemed like her dreams have been fulfilled. She couldn't stop staring at Chris until he left. Chris was 16, so he was able to drive legally with an adult, although he drove home alone.

"Hey so let me see the DM from Murr." she said

"What was that all about?"

"Huh?"

"The whole boob grabbing?"

"I don't know, I think he likes me."

"That's a little far for someone who just likes you, don't you think?"

"I can't wait around for Sal forever. Are you jealous?"

"Jealous!? Of a smoking pervert? Hell no!"

"Okay that's rude. You didn't have to come tonight, Sam."

"I just don't want him to hurt you, you're too head over heels for him. He's not right."

"You can't tell me who's right or not. Just let me live my life."

Tracy pulled up to the curb and we got in, Julie was still sleeping over so this would be incredibly awkward. We didn't speak the whole car ride home. Julie went straight upstairs.

"Hey kiddo, what's up with you and Julie?" asked Tracy

"It's nothing. Thanks for the ride." I went upstairs and layed down and went on my phone.

I quickly gasped as I saw a new direct message from Murr.

"Thank you for coming to the show, you looked like you had an awesome time. You looked great too :-)"

"Julie!" I said

"Sorry not talking."

"No seriously! Murr just dmed me on his own!"

"What!?" She moved towards me and read the message

"What do I say?"

"HE SAID YOU LOOKED GREAT! AH I DON'T KNOW!"

I decided to send him a message back.

"It was the best day of my life, thank you so much." I sent it

I took a deep breathe, wow he complimented me? A celebrity complimented me?

"I wish Sal would dm me." said Julie

"So are we okay now?"

"Not exactly. It's my life Sam, I can go for whoever I want."

"I'm just looking out for my best friend, I don't wanna hurt you okay? I can't let someone else do it instead."

"You don't know if he will, if you don't let me try to date him."

"Okay, but know I'm always here for you no matter what. You're like my sister."

"I know. I love you."

We hugged, I'm glad we were easy to make up. Usually girls tend to not speak for days and make this whole thing dramatic. Julie and I were different.

Days went by, I was planning for my Sweet 16 almost every day. I was surprised when my dad said okay to this, of course Tracy helped convince him. I wanted a caterer, a photobooth, a DJ, a new dress, tons of decorations and the theme would be all blue. This would cost a lot and I really felt bad about it, how could my dad afford all of this? It's probably going to cost more than $5,000.

"Tracy!" I yelled from the living room

"What is it?" I was looking at ideas and dresses on my laptop.

"Can we get this dress?" I asked

"Listen Sam, we are going dress shopping tomorrow, then you can choose whichever dress makes you happy. On one condition, it has to be less than $300 because we are spending way too much money already."

"I know and I have a solution! What if I work?"

"Work? You want to work?"

"Mhm I already picked up an application at Dunkin Donuts, they hire at 16 and I have my working papers."

"You sure about this? Your birthday is coming up in less than a month so right after you're going to hand that in."

"Yup! I'm down for it! Oh and you know... My
Permit...."

"Don't worry about that for now. Come to the store with me for decorations. ALFIE!!"

"Coming, coming. Jesus you're the loudest person I have ever met." He said

"Okay let's get going."

We hopped in her car and went to the commons to buy some decorations. Everything was supposed to be blue so we bought a ton of blue balloons and a helium tank so we can fill them up and they would float. We decided to have the party at this giant hall, I would be inviting around 60 people, which isn't too much or too little. I was super excited to finally have this party!

"So the caterer sent over a menu so you can pick from it and email her. Then I want you to search up a cake that you like and we will email her a picture as well, she said she'd make it."

"So any cake?"

"Any cake."

"Can I have a sweet 16? It's not fair that Sam get's all this." said Alfie

"Guys don't have a sweet 16. You're not even close to it anyway."

"I'm almost there! 6 more years."

"That's enough time to change your mind." She laughed

I haven't exactly spoken about this to anyone but Julie, but Murr had been direct messaging me ever since the first message I sent him. It turned into 2 friends just talking about anything and I found it quite strange. Don't get me wrong I loved it so much but why would a 30 year old celebrity be talking to a 15 year old regular girl like nothing? I wanted to ask him but at the same time I didn't. What if he thought that I didn't want to talk to him anymore?

"You've been attached to that phone for the whole summer, you ever going to put it down?" asked Tracy

"I would but I've been talking to Murr."

"Murr? From Impractical Jokers? No way!"

"Yes way!" I showed her his profile and the check mark by his name on Twitter to prove it was really him.

"What does he want?"

"Nothing we are friends now."

"Haha friends? He's famous, Sam!"

"So? He's different, all 4 of them are like this. They honestly are just regular guys." I had to lie, he was more than a regular guy but he was talking to me!