Chapter 8

We arrived home, so far we finished finishing the place, date, time, we sent out invites, we found the cake I wanted and the food, we had decorations, a theme, a Dj was being ordered now, the photobooth was coming, we had blue lights, now it was just time to find the dress, shoes to go along with it, a hairstyle and makeup. Oh boy this was going to be fun!

The next day I invited Julie to come with Tracy and I. Alfie went over his friend's house so he wasn't too lonely. It sucked how guys don't usually have big parties but then again they don't want that either. There was this big store full of dresses an hour away, they were very expensive too so I hope to keep one in the less than $300 range. We arrived and went towards the blue dresses.

"Look at all the beautiful dresses! There's even wedding ones! I'd love to come here to get one for when I get married." said Julie touching all the white dresses

"You've got a lot of time for that, my party is soon." I grabbed her arm.

"But I just wanna try them all on! Oh man! Wow look at this one!" She held a mermaid type dress.

"I get it, they're lovely, but we got enough time to think about that after we get my sweet 16 dress."

We picked up about 5 dresses that I really loved and went to try them on. I suddenly felt a vibration from my phone. It was a DM from Murr. I no longer jumped up from excitement when he messaged me but I did always get butterflies. It's been absolutely weird actually that he's been messaging me like non stop. I'm not complaining though. I always thought long and hard about what to write to him, what if I say something wrong or weird and he hates me after that? I don't want to be taken as a crazy stalking fan.

"Hey Sam! How are you today? Doing anything fun?"

"I'm good, you? Just dress shopping for my sweet 16 :)" I replied

It's weird honestly we have normal conversations and it's like he's not even famous, I'm no longer fan girling hard but just talking to him like a friend.  I decided to changed into the dresses. Julie was helping me while Tracy wandered around.

"Dude you look beautiful!" She said

"I'm liking this too." I smiled, my phone went off again, this time Julie grabbed it.

"Oh my god! Don't freak out but Murr messaged you!"

"I know." I took the phone

"What?"

"We kinda have been talking.."

"Still??? Dude that's amazing!"

I opened the message.

"Sweet 16? Am I invited? :-)"

"You really want to come?"

"So you two are just chatting now? As friends?"

"I guess you could say that."

"What if he likes you?"

"He doesn't. Come on I chose a dress, so let's go pay for it."

We went to pay for the dress and got some shoes and a tiara on the way to the register. I was going to look like a princess. This would my first birthday party, I've always had friends come over or my family and I go out to dinner for my birthday, I've never really had a party, so this was going to be exciting. I remember when I was 6, my mom tried to throw a party at Chucky Cheese for my birthday but no one really came except 2 friends and my mom, dad, Tracy, and Alfie. So we kind of gave up after that. I wasn't into presents either, if someone wants to get me something, I'll gladly accept it, especially if it's a surprise, I love those! But I don't expect presents. I grew up always cherishing everything I owned so I'm really grateful for a whole bunch of things.

"Heck yeah I wanna come!" I squealed, James freaking Murray wants to come to my sweet 16! I messaged him the details.

"Sounds good, would you possibly like the guys to come too?"

"What!? You'd do that?"

"Of course! I'll ask and let you know. Gotta get back to shooting :-)"

"Thank you so much! Have fun!"

He'd invite the guys!? That was incredibly sweet and exciting! Who would've ever thought that my idols would talk to me and come to my birthday party!?

"Alright Julie. Murr said he wants to come to my party and he wants to invite the rest of the guys!"

"WHAT? Oh my god!" She yelled from the back seat of the car.

"Girls please, my ears!" said Tracy

"Isn't that exciting though?" I asked

"How do you know he's not lying and suddenly say ooohhh I'm sorry! Something else that actually will pay us, came up!"

"The guys aren't like that." said Julie

"How do you know? Do you spend everyday with them? Are they your best friends? They're celebrities! They're all the same."

"Sorry but I don't agree with that, Tracy."

"I just don't want to see you get your feelings hurt."

"And I won't, so don't worry about it!"

We arrived home, Tracy took the dress upstairs and put it in my closet so it wouldn't be ruined. I carried the rest up and put it in my room.

"So Julie are you going to say for dinner?" asked Tracy

"Can't, I need to spend time with family." There was a honk outside.

"And that's probably them. See ya later Sam!"

I grabbed my laptop and went to the living room where Alfie was playing video games. Tracy was watching him.

"I honestly don't like the idea of shooting people as a game." she said

"Looks like Alfie would disagree."

"He's good too which is scary."

"Trust me, video games aren't that manipulative. Humans are."

I opened up my twitter account on my computer and waited for a message from Murr. I was obsessed, unfortunately he did not reply at all. My computer went from 100% to 0% real quick, and I wasted the night staring at my screen.