《06 The Puppet》

She knew what she was doing.

She wanted to leave him, she wanted him to be angry and get him to feel something. She wanted him to rip out her heart and let her die. Why hadn't she just let him kill her while he had the chance?

She didn't want to be a puppet; she just wanted to be free and to live her short life how she wanted.

He left. He left her alone in the room; scattered doll parts and tools across the small area. She slid to the floor as her legs decided to give out on her. She wasn't supposed to feel, he promised that. But, why did she feel this emptyness and grief that made her shoulders shake but no tears fall from her eyes?

That's right. Puppets don't cry, they are supposed to just move to their masters commands.

But Hiro - Hiro wasn't no puppet. No, she was human. She was too pure for this world, and too weak to heal the puppet masters broken heart. She wasn't meant to be here, and should have died with them. She would fix this, she would fix her.

When Sasori opened up his door, his knees crumbled from beneath him.

His most beautiful puppet; laying there motionless. The monster he worked so hard to create had destroyed herself.

Her heart that was once inside her, was burning on the floor with a pack of matches beside it. A smile sill on her blank face.

She was no longer a puppet on his strings, and was now where she should have been. Her heart should have burned along with her house and her family - not trapped inside a soulless doll.

As he gazed down at her smiling face, he realized that he was alone once again.

After all, he once said nobody lives forever, and people lie.

With that, he used his kunai and stabbed himself in the chest. As his puppet that once held himself together falls to the floor, he grasps her cold hand.

His eyes slowly turned blank as the world faded around him. A smile settled on his face when he realized something.

The emptyness had finally disappeared, and he no longer felt the lonelyness of living anymore.

fin.