Chapter XXXIX - Stupid Royal Brat

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." is all I manage to say. I only want Constantine, I never wanted the crown. "Will you though?"

"Huh?"

"Will you ever make her your queen if you become king?"

He throws his head back and laughs. "Make that scheming, conniving bitch queen? Never. I was just having my fun with her. In case you haven't noticed, there are not many lycans around and we can only have our fun with our Aresthai or another lycan." he announces wickedly. "Genesis, I'm waiting for my Aresthai. I want what Lazarus has with Serena. I want what Constantine has with you. I'll wait forever for my Aresthai if I have to."

"So you've slept with her too," I sigh, shaking my head. "Well, I hope you find your aresthai soon...though I pity whoever that turns out to be," I jab him in the rib with my elbow.

"No, you should envy her. I mean, come on. She's getting all this," he says cockily, indicating his body with his hands.

"Oh please," I pretend to gag. He is amazingly gorgeous, but his ego is just as amazing... I don't need to inflate it further. He might explode.

"Seriously though, being a mate to a lycan is not a bad thing. I think a lycan's mate is even more powerful than the born lycan. There's a strict law against harming a mate of a lycan. Harming a lycan's mate is punishable by death, no hearing required."

"Oh...why is that? We were born as mere werewolves or humans after all, not as great and mighty as you born lycans."

He just grins at my jab. "A lycan who lost his mate is deadly. The carnage, destruction and havoc they can wreak is unimaginable. The only way to stop them from the killing spree is by killing the lycan...which is not easy to do."

I wonder if Constantine even care if anybody killed me now. "And you're telling me this because you think I regret being Constantine's mate?"

"Are you?" he asks seriously.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because you're one of us," he answers simply. "Even though you don't act like one now."

"What does..." I stop talking when I hear mom's car pulling into our driveway.

"My mom's home. You've gotta leave," I tell him.

Caspian grins mischievously and lifts his long legs up onto my bed and lies down, looking very comfortable. What the??? He's making himself right at home.

"Caspian!!!" I whisper fiercely as I listen to my mom's footsteps coming in the front door. Sometimes I feel like crashing something on top of his gorgeous, obnoxious head. This is one of those times.

"Caspian! Out!!!" I grab his hands and start pulling and tugging him up, but he's so heavy...and strong. He's not budging an inch.

I climb up the bed and put my knee on each side of him, gripping his muscled shoulders, tugging very hard. Still nothing.

All the while, he's just lying there looking very relaxed with his lips clamped together like he's trying very hard not to burst out laughing. His bright vivid green eyes are openly laughing at me. He is so laughing at me, I can see it!!!

That makes me even more determine to get him out of my bed. I put one hand at the back of his neck and another one underneath his arm and keep pulling.

"Caspian!" I groan in frustration.

"Genesis? Are you okay?" asks mom, knocking once, then my door swings open.

Oh no!!!

My mom gasps, staring at us with wide eyes. She seems frozen shock. Then I realize the position I'm in with Caspian.

I'm basically straddling him on my bed with my hands around him...and now the evil knucklehead has his both hands on my waist. We are both staring at her like she just caught us in the act of a steamy make out session or something. Arghhh!!!

"I'm sorry, sweetheart...I think I'd better go now," he says smoothly. I see the wicked gleam in his eyes as he sits up and kisses my cheek before he disappears out the window.

That royal brat!!!!! Arrrghh...he did this purposely! I will KILL him! I will slay him and feed him to hungry ducks all around the world! I will...

"Genesis," says mom sternly. "I did not raise you to be like this. Are you cheating on Constantine? With Prince Casper?"

Ha!!!! Prince Casper. Take that Caspian! I hope he's listening. I almost laugh, but then I remember how much trouble I am in right now.

"I know they're both extremely good looking, but..." mom sighs. "Come downstairs. I know, you're technically an adult now, but I think it's time we should have a proper mother daughter talk."

Oh Noooo!!!!! I. WILL. SLAY. HIM.

I think I hear his laughter from somewhere outside my window. Stupid royal brat.

*********************************************

What do you think of Caspian? Don't you think he's a naughty brat, and a sinfully delicious man candy ? 😜
Anyway, I'm out of Japan now. We're taking a small airplane this afternoon, then I'm hopping on a boat to a small island. I'm all pumped. Unfortunately that means I might not be able to update for quite a while.
Vote and comment, please. Thank you my cuddly bunnies!!!

Much love
Nicole