On The Road Again.

Começar do início

"Oh Dean, no.  No that isn't it at all!"

In an instant my heart broke into pieces.  All this time he was blaming himself.  I felt horrible.

"I couldn't face you, Dean.  That's why I left."

"What do you mean?"

"I couldn't protect myself.  Because of that I...it was my weakness that..." I took a deep breath.  I had practiced this conversation multiple time in case we ever met again, "it was selfish of me.  I just felt so awful. I should have stayed and talked, but I have spent so much of my life running it just came naturally."

"I never blamed you.  I hated that you left because you left yourself, and me, to deal with it on our own.  We could have talked about it or something.  It was selfish of you."

His phone rang.  He picked it up and gave my room number to the person on the other end.  It had to have been Sam.  We looked at each other solemnly.

"I'm sorry, Dean."

"I don't know if I can forgive you.  It wasn't just you who-"

There was a knock at the door.  Dean got up and opened the door.  Sam was at the door.  He stopped before strolling over to me.  He gave me a big hug.  I smiled a bit.

"Good to see you, Sam," I said.

"How have you been?  Are you okay?"

"I'm okay.  Surprised that you two are here."

"We've been on this case for a while now.  You do realize you're in danger now."

"Dean told me."

"So what do we do?" Sam asked.

"Guess I'm the bait," I said.

"Sam, go get us a room," Dean said, almost with a snarl.

Sam obliged and left the room. Dean stood up and locked the door behind him.  My body tensed suddenly.  He was mad, and well, he had every right to be.  His body turned to me, a scowl upon his face.

"You aren't bait.  You aren't getting involved in this," he said.

"But Dean- Let me help!"

"You?  How?  By running away?  Just stay put."

He turned ready to leave the room. I jumped up and grabbed his arm tightly.

"Stop!" I blurted, "just stop, Dean."

"No, you left me.  You left what we had behind.  Screw you!"

"Because it wasn't your fault!  It was mine!  I let him hurt me to the point I lost our child!" my voice shouted suddenly.

He looked back.  There.  I had finally said the words.  My grip on him fell to my side. He stood with his back to me.  Suddenly his shoulders fell slightly. A sighed escaped his mouth as he turned around.  His arms wrapped around me suddenly.

"I never blamed you," he said, "it wasn't your fault.  I just wished you stayed.  It hurt so much.  And you just left me."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Now when I finally find you again you have less than a day to live unless we solve this."

"You aren't mad at me?"

"Of course I am, but you can make it up to me."

"How?" I asked.

"Some good whiskey, maybe dinner."

"Alright.  If you get me through this, I'll make it up to you."

"Well, guess I am staying the night," he laughed, "someone has to make sure that you are safe."