Chapter 9

It's been a year since I opened this app. How are you all doing?. Feel free to contact me on my social media handles : Twitter: Tof_puppy ; Instagram: Tofunmi___ or my email: oyinmiesidor99@gmail.com.My sincere Apology to the Igbo readers for not Updating in a while, I'm so sorry. I'll Make it Up to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,
You won't believe what happened last week. Osina's Older sister , Ugochi got married and she invited a few friends Kamsi and I included. It was awesome.
It was on a Saturday at her family home in Owerri , Imo state. I called my parents and asked them if I could attend ; at first they were indecisive but later agreed with the condition that I had to be accompanied by an older family, member so mums sister aunt Lauren followed us. We were ecstatic about it because it was our first traditional event ever.
We got to Owerri from Lagos on Friday afternoon , after school. We checked into a hotel not to far from their family house.
The traditional wedding was beautiful. It was an Igbo Wedding, so it was everything and much more.
It started with the entry of the The grooms family at the gate. They came in like a pack of wolves and occupied virtually all the seats while the groom sat amongst his friends and family as well
He wore his cultural attire but in a way that suited the Igbo wedding.
After a long time of waiting,
Ugochi came out of the house looking colorful, she wore a beautiful Red stoned traditional off shoulder gown fitted enough to show her curves and Head tie with  little white feathers to dance in; she wore beautiful jewelries as well, beautiful wasn't the word Exquisite would be it . The compound was large and so was her train. The first set of girls were her bridal train. They danced in wearing the traditional maiden attire of two pink short wrappers revealing their legs and belly, covered in beads they danced in beautifully with beams on their faces .
         The second set were Ugochi and her siblings. Her Three Brothers danced in wearing a blue with a touch of white and red male traditional attire, their red caps and holding their staffs while her sisters wore a blue with a touch of white and red Material in different styles and their Silver stoned Head gear. They danced in an horizontal  arranged according to their ages ; Obiora (29), Olisa (24) and Ike (19). Ugochi danced in behind her brothers and in between her sisters; Adaobi (27) and Osinachi (16) on the left while the twins Dera & Dinma (22) were on the right. It looked like they were  close even though the age differences between all of them were much . They danced their hearts out to the music. Then Ugochi stopped in front of her parents table and knelt down. Her Father gave her a cup with a drink and she danced around looking for her fiancé; she found him , he drank what was in the cut and put money in the cup. They both danced to their parents and they were prayed for. After that there was loads of fun. I started imagining my own wedding day. Although I miss the United States, I'm happy I came back to my roots.

Your Cherry,
Lotanna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, thanks for bearing with me. So I hosted the Nigerian Teen Choice award Last year, the video is a summary of what went down. From now on I'll be publishing new chapters every weekend.Thanks for the Feedback guys, I love y'all .