Chapter 7: The Inter-High

Start from the beginning

"Oh haven't you heard? I moved back to Japan just last year. And of course joined the basketball team as their manager," he smirked. "By the way, have you seen Ayari? I haven't seen her around yet."

"What makes you think she's here?" Takao asked. The guy laughed.

"Kazunari, do you really think I wouldn't know? After disappearing from America, of course the first place she would go is to come back to Japan. And knowing her, she probably joined a basketball team here," he laughed.

"You can't be so certain that she's here," Takao glared at him.

"Oh I can. Daiko and Reiko are already here, so is Seijuro. Besides, the look on your face already tells me everything I need to know," he smirked. Midorima looked at him at the mention of Akashi's name.

With that, he continued moving on, and so did his team. They were all looking at the two with the same smirking faces. The two could feel that they were all really strong.

"You guys are just the appetizers, the main course is in the finals. But even so, I'll have fun crushing both of you," he said with his back against them.

When the team was gone, Midorima looked at Takao. "Who the hell was that?"

"Shit, we're in trouble," he said, still glaring at direction that the team had disappeared to, obviously not listening to Midorima.

"Oi! Who was that? And how does he know Akashi?" Midorima asked again.

"Come on! We got to get back and start strategizing!" Takao said, hurrying back to the locker room.

"Oi! Takao! Answer me!" Midorima yelled. This time, it got through to Takao. He looked at him grimly.

"Let's just say that he's a relative of the Captain of the Generation of Miracles," he answered, leaving Midorima in shock.

*****

Seirin's game went well for them. They won Senshinkan by a few points, thanks to Ayari's scouting on them, and had been able to predict some of their moves, as well as found some loopholes in their strategies.

They were now in the locker room, resting to get ready for the finals in a few hours. Thanks to Ayari, they were able to preserve energy, and were ready to go up against Shutoku, or well, so they thought.

Ayari had made a few boxes of honey soaked lemons, which everyone was very grateful for. Riko did too, but everyone declined, even though this time she did cut the lemons. In half each that is.

"You tired?" Ayari asked Kuroko as she sat down next to him, letting him take some of the lemons.

"Not really. Thanks to your help in the Senshinkan game," he said, giving a small smile.

"Yeah, who knew that their strategies had so many loopholes," Izuki said.

"I'm all fired up for our match against Shutoku!" Kagami yelled.

"Shut up and rest Bakagami," Riko yelled. "Don't let your muscles get stiff though."

"We won't," Hyuuga said.

Just then, Ayari's phone rang. She checked it, and saw that Takao had texted her.

From: Takao Kazunari
To: Hikaru Ayari

We lost. Looks like you'll be facing Baka-Daku in the finals.

She nearly dropped her phone at that. Takao and Midorima from the Generation of Miracles lost? Moreover, he's here?!