Chapter 4

- Bora! - They both said, surprised by seeing her awake.

She sat down on her bed with her hands on her lap.

- I can take care of myself, this was just slip. - Hyun said, looking at her hands.

- But Bora...! - Dae-Jin began to say.

- Don't be stupid. - Kai interrupted suddenly.

Hyun looked at him shocked for the way he was speaking to her. He seemed really angry.

- You fainted in front of the whole company, on your first day, right there in the middle of the stage, and you still want us to believe you know how to take care of yourself? - He continued, crossing his arms.

-  I just got here, I've never lived by myself! I didn't have time to adjust yet! - She tried to defend herself.

- How old are you, five? - He replied, leaving the room.

Hyun was completely shook, and so was Dae-Jin. Hyun looked at her lap once more, clentching her fists while grabbing the bed's mattress.
Dae-Jin putted her hand on top of Hyun's.

- I... I think he's right. - Hyun said.

- You didn't deserve to hear that, Bora. Not at all. He doesn't remember what it was like when he was pre-debuting. - Dae-Jin said serious but with a smile.

Hyun smiled back with watery eyes. Dae-Jin was being so sweet.

- You don't need to call me by my surname. Just call me Hyun. - She said. - You've been so kind to me, Dae-Jin. I can't thank you enough.

- You can just call me Jin, then. And you don't need to thank me at all. I'm happy we met. - She made a very sincere smile to which Hyun smiled back.

- And it seems we're a group now too. I'm actually feeling excited about it now... - Hyun said, happy.

- Me t-- - Jin was interrupted by a sound coming from outside. You could hear voices.

- She's awake? Great, get out of the way. Let me in already! - The door was abruptly open by someone.

It was Areum Gi and Jonghye. They looked around and then saw the other two girls.

- Ah! There you are. - Areum said, looking at Hyun.

The two girls approached Hyun's bed in a fast pace.

- Are you feeling better, Bora? - JongHye asked, with a shy smile.

- I am. Thank you. - She politely replied.

- Good, because what happened back at the event better not happen ever again. Understood? - Areum said, crossing her arms.

Hyun was shocked with the sudden change in Areum's behaviour. She had this bossy attitude that came out of nowhere.

- It won't happen again. - Jin said for Hyun. - You should worry about yourself aswell from now on, Areum Gi.

Hyun looked at Jin with a small smile.

- Of course. - Areum said before leaving the room.

JongHye stood there for a second, looking at the other two girls, always with a straight face.

- I hope we'll get along well. - She said, bowing. They bowed back, suspicious.

--

Later that night, Hyun was leaving the hospital with Jin, now feeling better.

- So, where are you staying Jin?

- I received a call this morning, I'm actually moving to a different hotel. With the way things are right now, I think we might become roommates! - Jin laughed.

- Really? That's amazing! - Hyun replied with excitement.

But her expression quickly changed to one of confusion.

- But wait... I just thought about it. After I fainted, what happened?

- Sehun caught you before you could hit the floor. Since the event was already over anyway, the guests just went home after the ambulance arrived. Me and Sehun went both in it with you, but he had to leave soon.

- EXO's Sehun?! - Hyun asked, surprised.

- Yes! I wonder what's up with you and EXO members. - Jin laughed again.

- Why do you say that? - Hyun looked confused.

- That thing that happened with Kai. And you screaming Chanyeol's name during the event. - Jin smiled while raising an eyebrow.

Hyun looked at the floor embarassed.

- You're right. To be honest, many weird things involving EXO members have happened ever since I got to Seoul.

- Maybe it's a sign for something. - Jin smiled.

- I wonder for what it could be? - Hyun laughed.

--

As the two girls were walking across the street, they heard screams coming from an alley. They looked at each other hesitantly.

- W-What was that...? - Dae-Jin ask, a little shaky.

They both stood still for a few seconds, just looking in the alley's direction. Hyun took a deep breath before replying:

- Stay here, I'll go check it out. - She said before she started to walk in the direction of the voices.

Jin grabbed her arm:

- Are you crazy?! You don't know what's happening in there, it could be dangerous! - She said, scared for her friend.

- Someone might get hurt, Jin! Look around, there's nobody here but us. Who else can prevent that? - Hyun grabbed Jin's hand, trying to comfort her. - Stay here, where there's light. If I don't come back soon, call for help. - She smile.

Jin was very hesitant, but still she nodded, scared. Hyun walked towards the voices once again, slowly and quietly. The voices got louder and louder, and she realised they were the voices of a man and a woman who seemed to be having an argument. She took a peek from the corner, and saw a woman with a long, beautiful black hair and a man she didn't recognize.

- You never call anymore... What am I to you, a toy?! - The woman screamed, with sadness in her voice. A familiar voice.

- You think that highly of yourself? - The man asked her right before he pushed her. - I've told you how things work between us. Don't try to be something you're not. - He spoke in a threatning voice, making Hyun's heart throb.

- Why... What did I do to deserve this? Tell me! - The woman grabbed the man's shirt and lightly pounded his chest with her fists, sobbing.

The man pushed her again, making her fall to the ground.

- You're so annoying. - He said, apathetic.

Hyun couldn't take it any longer. Even tho she was scared, shaking and with watery eyes from what she was seeing, she decided to step in and ran towards them, standing between them with her arms wide open.

- Stop! Please, don't hurt her any longer! - Hyun screamed, desperate.

She turned her head, looking at the woman.

- Are you alright? - She asked.

But when the woman lifted her head, Hyun was completely shocked. That woman was Areum Gi.