Mind Over Matter

Emotions. Something that almost no one fully experience. Something that you can't quite describe with enough accuracy for it to really matter. Something that is distant, yet so close. The human mind is so strange. It will panic with fear and run in the other direction because it's too afraid to accept the truth. Instead, the human mind will run all possibilities that fall under Murphy's law. Murphy's law, simply put, is anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Before the 1600s, most physicians thought that the lungs were responsible for all circulatory functions. It wasn't until William Harvey studied several animals and their hearts, thus finding that the heart moved blood through out the body.

My point in saying this is, everyone had the wrong idea about something that we knew nothing about. Everyone says, "Follow your heart, not your mind". Well what if that's exactly why humans normally make the wrong choice. Your feelings, not the prick of pain on the finger of a diabetic. Not the searing pain of a knife to your skin. But instead something that some people can't comprehend. No one can truly express it in words. No one can describe the feeling of love, of fear. Maybe no one will ever be able to. We know so much about the Earth, about space even, when we don't even know what is closest to home, ourselves.

Since the dawn of man, we have been pioneering outside of our comfort zone. We have been traveling across treacherous oceans. We have been soaring across the bitter skies. But only just now are we taking consideration into exploring ourselves. Maybe it's because it just slipped our minds, sure. But maybe, it's because we were just too scared of what we might find.

So, this is a story, not one of the heart, but one of the mind.