Chapter 48

TAYLOR CANIFFS POV-

I really can't believe Jeff went after Sophie like that. I keep trying to tell him to leave her alone, and he kept saying okay and that he won't bother her, but he lied. Since Soph and Nash are at her house, I decide to go and talk to Jeff. If he follows me back to Shawn's, Soph won't be there so he will have no reason to stay. I get in the car and as I drive to his house, thoughts flood into my mind. Why does he want Sophie so bad? He can easily get any other girl, yet he puts his eyes on Soph and she doesn't anything to do with him. I wonder if he knows that she isn't gonna be here much longer. She's leaving in what a 10 or 11 days? I don't think I should tell him because he will go find her and god only knows what he will do to her then. 

I pull up to his huge ass house and park my car. I'm pretty sure he is home, but he has no idea I am coming. I get out of the car and knock on the door. Some dude opens the door that I have never seen before. "Who are you?" he asks harshly. I roll my eyes and say, "Taylor Caniff I need to see Jeff" The guy stares at me for a couple seconds and slams the door in my face. Well then. I stand there awkwardly and wait for somebody else to come to the door and let me in. I hear voices and then the door opens and I'm greeted by an obviously drunk Jeff. "Yoo it's Taylor! What's up bro?!" he says rather loud. I smile and walk inside the house. As usual, it's really gross and dirty. I turn around and Jeff is walking into the living room. I follow him and look around the living room. There are about 10 people in here. Mostly guys that work for Jeff and a couple of girls. I take a seat by myself. 

I didn't say anything for a couple minutes because I am still trying to process what I am going to say to Jeff. Before I can think of anything Jeff says, "Aye Taylor how's that girl Sophie?" I clench my fists and try to think about what I'm going to say because if this turns into something bad, I will probably get the shit kicked out of me. "Yeah she's good but she's still scared shitless" I say with a slight chuckle at the end to try and get rid of the tension in the room. "Oh yeah she should be that could've been bad." he says. I nod my head and the guy next to me hands me a blunt. I shake my head no and pass it on. I need to keep my head straight so I don't forget the real reason I came here. "Hey Jeff, why did you even talk to her at the park?" I ask him and he glares at me. "Because I fucking wanted to Caniff is that a problem?" he asks with his teeth gritted. I shake my head and stay silent. I don't think tonight is a good time to talk this over with him. He has half his gang here and they will kill me without thinking twice about it. "Why do you care?" Jeff asks me. Why does he feel the need to carry on this conversation? "Well, I did ask you to stay away from her and she is really scared of you.. I was just wondering" I say and look over at him. He doesn't say anything, and I'm getting really uncomfortable. I stand up and walk by everybody and to the door. I am almost out, when I feel a hand on my shoulder and I spin around. "Just tell your little friend Sophie that I will get her. When all of you are least expecting it, I will take her. Watch your back, Caniff" he says and with that he slams the door in my face. 

I was so distracted on the drive home I almost ran off the road.