12. She's Thunderstorms

Start from the beginning

The first few songs went by in a blur, and I slowly feel more relaxed. I am still seated firmly on Parker's shoulders, his hands loosely around my ankles.

"This is amazing!" I yell down at Parker, who seem to be every bit as content as I am.

"I know! Oh wait, I love this song," Parker yells back, grinning widely as the lead singer begin to sing the first notes of the song.

She's thunderstorms

Lying on her front

Up against the wall

She's thunderstorms

Parker was right, it is better up high. The music feels like it is running through my veins, and everybody is just down, down below. There is no barriers between me and the band, and for the first time in my life, I feel free, dissolving into the air with sounds and colors.

I've been feeling foolish

You should try it

She came and substituted

The peace and quiet for

Acrobatic blood flow

Concertina cheating heart beat

Rapid fire

"Hey Parker," I tap on his shoulder, a stupid cheesy smile on my face.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you. For everything."

She's thunderstorms

In an unusual place

When you're feeling far away

She does what the night does to the day.

"Hey Charlie," Parker looks up at me, grinning widely, imitating the look I had on my face earlier.

"Huh?"

"You're thunderstorms."

She's thunderstorms

Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms.

-

"That was one of the best night of my lives," I say to Parker, sipping on an extra large milkshake we just got from the greasy diner near the venue. We are currently seated in his (neon-green) car as he drove me home, still tingling from the excitement of earlier.

"Well I'm glad for that," Parker grins, lacing his fingers through mine. And unlike in the stories, I don't feel butterflies. There is just this warm, content feeling in my chest, as if it is meant to be, us driving in the night, hung up from the buzz of a concert, his hand in mine.

Serendipity. That's what this is to me, chancing upon something that I wasn't looking for. And I have never been more thankful for that.

"Huh?" Parker turns to me, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I stare at him confusedly.

"You just said something, serene or something like that," he explains, before turning back to keep his eyes on the road.

"Oh. Serendipity."

"And it means...?"

"When someone stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated."

"And why are you suddenly thinking of that?"

"Well, when I planned to go to a concert, I had something... entirely different on my mind. But tonight was everything I haven't expected, and it was better than I've ever thought it would be. And I found something amazing, I guess."

"What?" Parker finally turns to me, looking at me in the eye. And it had never made me happier to say just one word.

"You."

-

"You still haven't answered my question earlier," Parker finally says as he pulls up in front of my house. The whole car ride was spent in a comfortable silence, except for the soft music coming form his car radio.

"What question?" I furrow my eyebrows, grabbing my bag and checking to see if there was anything I have left on the car.

"Is this a date?"

To be frank, I don't know the answer to that myself. So I just lean over across the seat, kiss him on the cheek, and give him one last smile before disappearing into the house.

ASDLFKJASIUDGHUE SO MUCH CUTENESS AAAAHHH

okay I'll stop now :)) I hope you enjoy the chapter, it's a little gift to you all for the new year! Thank you so much for your support, we currently have 7k reads, 555 votes and 444 comments (great number guys xD), and I could have never made it this far without you amazing people. Thank you so much for everything, and I hope you have a wonderful new year!

The song on the side is "She's Thunderstorms" by Arctic Monkeys, and yes, I changed the band they're seeing to Arctic Monkeys because they're awesome, that's why. You can read this chapter while listening, it's a great song and I think it fits it perfectly <3

And now a moment for #shamelessadvertising: I just published a new book called "The Girl of Glass", and it would mean a lot to me if you guys check it out. It's going to be a short story in poetry form, and it's gonna be a bit dark and depressing, so check it out guys!

Thank you for reading, and once again, happy new year!