chapter 4 - A Walk on the Wild Side

Mulai dari awal

Tristan walked in with at least a dozen fellow vampires. "Let her go, Elijah."

Elijah was still clutching Aya's heart, turning to see him. "Tristan." He had let go of Aya's heart by now, looking at Marcel, Noah and Caitlin. "You would do well to be selective about the company you keep in the future."

Caitlin looked at him defensively in annoyance. "Maybe you should remember who your friends are. It looks like you're going to need them."

---~---

Day One

Morning - The French Quarter 

(Song:) Hey, I Don't Know - Kongos 

Caitlin was taking a run around the French Quarter, listening to music on her cell through headphones, passing various locals, including a police officer, making her way down the streets.

---

Noah's Loft - Living Room 

Caitlin walked in, looking around. "Noah? You here?" 

Caitlin saw an empty glass on the counter, her empty glass that she had used before she had left, walking toward it. She picked up the bottle of bourbon. She stopped before she could pour bourbon in the glass, confused at what she saw in there. She pulled out flower and fringe gold earrings with diamonds. 

If someone wore them, the fringe would trail down to the center of their necks. They looked incredibly expensive, and beautiful. 

Caitlin stopped the music in confusion and suspicion.

(Song Ends)

Caitlin was tense and and suspicious, looking around. She saw a black masquerade mask. She saw a white gold diamond ring that led her to another piece of jewelry that was on another table, seeing a gold filigree stretch bracelet and a gold necklace. There were silver high heels and a silver shawl wrap on the stairs that led to the balcony. She picked up the masquerade mask, the ring, the necklace and the bracelet, walking toward the stairs, slowly picking up the high heels and the shawl wrap, slowly walking up the stairs into the balcony. She looked to left but saw something, turning around, seeing a beautiful silver ball gown. She was in shock.

Her phone rang.

Caitlin put the jewelry and the high heels on her table, taking out her phone to look at the Caller ID, seeing that it read UNKNOWN. She answered. "Hello?"

Tristan was calling her fro inside the back of his chauffeured limo, parked on the same street where Caitlin had just been running, suggesting that he had been watching her. "Caitlin Harris. The gifts that you see are not by anyone that you personally know, and that includes all of the vampires that surround you daily."

"Who is this?" Caitlin asked in suspicion.

"You and I met briefly the other day before Elijah so rudely dismissed you, Noah Dumaine and Marcel Gerard," Tristan told her.

Caitlin realized. "Tristan. The guy that sent Aya to attack everyone?"

"In all fairness, the violence wasn't my idea," Tristan told her. "Had you, Noah and Marcel come willingly, none of that would have been necessary."