"Of course" I only replied with a forced smile

As soon as the words left my mouth a horde of people, all from different races, started to enter the arena below.

They went to stand in a large circle at about arms length from each other. There were more people than I thought possible. Even though Razzardus said there wasn't more than a hundred entries, it still looked that way to me.

A man came walking in dressed in black and white. "The goal of the first game is to stay alive. As soon as only 50 remain standing, the next game can commence. A critical injury is will not suffice to declare the person unable to continue with the Tournament. Points will be awarded for the amount of kills you have made as well as to how it was made. Remember decapitation will result in the highest amount of points. At the end of the games these points will be determining the rank with which you get to start in as a troop in King Razzardus's army. If enough kills are made you might even be appointed as a head guard in the palace" the referee explained causing cheers to erupt from the crowd

"Let the games begin!" he yelled before a loud horn sounded signalling the start of the games.

The referee barely even have time to get out of the arena before the attacks started. I saw powers I never knew before being swung around. There were people that could transform a part of their bodies into metal, there were people that could disappear and reappear on another place, there were people that shot fire from their eyes and so much more. With every pain filled scream that reached our ears from the arena a laugh erupted from Razzardus. It was a bloodshed. People being decapitated like it was nothing just to earn a few points in this sick game. It wasn't even five minutes until round one was complete. Leaving only half of the contestants.

As soon as the horn sounded to signal the end of round one the contestants still breathing started to run as fast as they could to escape from the arena. Leaving me confused, that is until Razzardus lifted his hand in a sign to his guards and immediately huge flames erupted all over the arena. They were destroying all the bodies! I thought in shock. These people didn't even get the chance to be buried properly.

The minute the bodies were destroyed the referee's voice boomed over the speaker once again, causing the roaring crowd to die down. "Well wasn't that a fast round? Either we have some incredibly strong contestant or some incredibly weak ones." he said with a chuckle.

"But let's not split hairs. I bet you're all dying to see what we have in store for the second round?" he asked. He was answered with a thunderous applause.

Suddenly a giant round glass cage started rising up from the ground in front of all the spectators, filling the whole arena. As the cage lifted you could see water starting to rise inside of it thanks to copiers with elemental powers. When the glass cage was up in the air you could clearly see through the glass. The next challenge was to be held under water!

The contestants seemed to be at a loss as to what would be expected of them in this challenge. It looked like not even they were informed as to the challenges that they were going to be facing in this tournament.

Then I saw it! The tank was filled with sharks! I almost screamed out loud when the giant killer swam by before my very eyes.

"There was a common denominator in all the contestants that entered this month. Not one of them could breath under water! In the next challenge 2 things will be tested. One, the ability to survive, no matter what the environment. And two, if our contestants are smart enough to avoid getting killed without the use of any power. That's right! No powers can be used this round. If any power is used then the person who used it can be killed! If anyone tries to get air to breath then they may be killed. So the goal of the game is to force your opponents to the sharks without using any power before your air runs out! Good luck!" the referee said before disappearing back into his quarters to watch the game.