"S-Sasuke!"

We ran.

Across the dark, empty room. The noise began drilling my head with an eerie rhythm. We finally stopped. He turned to face me and muttered, "I-I saw someone behind you.. Someone's going to kill you, Sak." He scanned the surroundings, making sure no man would just swoop in and stab us on the spot.

Green eyes met terrified dark orbs.

"Sasuke.. We need to get out of here. The sooner we do, the sooner we'll be out of harm." Deep inside, I know it's true. There's always something about the dark that makes you want to run away from it. An uncertain curtain shielding oneself from the light.

They need to get out of the dark.

But the question is, how?

Suddenly, the ticking grew louder. The sound made them cover their ears. We were so indulged with the merciless noise that hammered our heads that I haven't noticed the flooring sinking. I loud out a blood-curdling scream when we started falling down..down..down.

It was endless.

The fall made me feel sick!

I closed my eyes and waited for the painful landing. Who knows what we're in for? But to my surprise (and utter relief) my feet found their way in midair, soon I felt the solid ground nestle me. I kept my balance and spotted Sasuke who just landed just a few feet away from me. He hurried to my side and spoke,

"Where are we?"

I shook my head, "I have no idea."

We were currently standing in the middle of a sidewalk. The busy street was ahead of us and tall buildings towered the skies. The sun's rays were deflected by fluffy white clouds and in a distance I can even see a few kites suspended in the air. People were rushing pass us, literally passing us! It's like we aren't anything near solid. And I have a hunch that they can't see us either.

For the cursed gift lies beneath the soul,

Thou should seek for time's heart

Embedded within the subconsciousness of mind,

To escape the peril which awaits thy mortal;

If fault not found in memories relived,

Before the stain devours soft whole skin,

No choice would be given to thee

But to extract the impurity from vessel's blood

And vanish the remains left to see.

My vision focused again. The deep voice suddenly disappeared before I could even remember what he said. Sasuke stared at me worrily, his hand on my shoulder. "Sakura, are you alright?" I blinked, feeling my knees go weak. The message was a little nerve-breaking. It was like every word punctured my brain, forcing me to decipher it's meanings. Secretly, I stared at the spreading black bruise at my right arm. Yep, this must be the "stain" that devours my skin.

In simpler words, my mind finally voiced out it's final conclusion.

"Sakura?"

"I need to find something beyond my memories. Beyond my past that contradicts my future. There's a reason why this curse was given to me. H-He's giving me a chance. If I can't find what needs to be found before....um..a certain period of time, he'll extract it from me by blood."

Sasuke was seriously looking at me.

"Extract?"

I nodded, urging myself to be brave. "Y-Yeah. He's gonna kill me."