"Okay, please, after you and James fought I think that's enough violence," she snarked,"Anyway, I was here to see you Y/N. After I heard you were in hospital I couldn't just ignore it. I came to visit you because I love you."

"If you love me, why'd you leave me?" I asked rudely.

"I already explained that to you, your father cheated on me," she said simply,"Why else do you think he remarried to a child abuser?"

More memories flooded in.

"I told you not to fight me!" Ashley** snapped, whipping me with a belt.
I shakily touched my cheek to see blood on my fingers and broke down into tears.

"Have you learnt your lesson?" she snarled.
I nodded, sobbing on the floor as she walked out of the room.

I shook my head as I remembered, tears streaming down my cheeks, cradling my head.

Ashley came running back into the room with my dad, pulling her usual shocked and concerned look.
"Oh my god, Y/N, are you okay sweety?" My dad asked as he picked me up off the floor.

I nodded.
"I-It's nothing...I-I'm fine," I said through my tears,"I was just playing a game outside on the pavement...and I tripped."

"Oh God," My dad looked at me in obvious stress and concern as he carried me to my bedroom.

He laid me on the bed and quickly dashed out of my room to grab a medical kit.

"Don't you dare tell him," Ashley threatened me. I nodded, shaking as I laid on the bed.

"Good."

"You should leave," I heard Mark's voice.

I had involuntarily covered my head during the flashbacks.

"She's my daughter!" My mother protested.

"But look at her, you did this to her. You reminded her," Mark argued.

"Oh, so this is my fault now?"

"Yes, it is!"

"Shut up!" I yelled, causing my mother and Mark to stop their argument.

I sat crying for a little as I cradled my head.

"Mom, get the fuck out of my life," I cursed, still crying.

"Y/N-"

"Get. The. Fuck. Out."

There was a silence and then footsteps retreating.

I felt Mark's hand on my back and my body started shaking like in the memory.

"Hey, hey, it's just a memory-"

"Yeah, a memory that I can't forget," I interrupted.

I didn't dare look up and stayed in my position.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," I started to cry more,"My mom keeps saying my dad cheated but...I-I just don't know."

I felt Mark's arm around me and I leaned into his chest. He pulled me close, making me feel safe. My slowly tears slowly ceased as Mark kept me close.

"I don't think your dad cheated on her," Mark comforted me,"she's just...annoyed about something."

I felt him kiss the top of my head as I started to calm down.

"Remember, I love you. You're a beautiful young lady and you don't have to stay in the past, you can look into the future," Mark said softly.

I smiled another forced smile and looked up at Mark, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
He smiled warmly.

"Thank you, Mark," I said softly in my broken voice,"I love you."

See? Love doesn't have to be in BF/GF, it can be in family.

*SSRI is a type of Anti-Depressant drug said to be the most effective.
**Ashley's your step-mom in case you forgot.

But anyway, that was sweet. I'm enjoying writing this story and I hope you're enjoying reading it! So anyways, thanks so much for reading this chapter and I'll see you in the next one!
-Lily