5

(Y/M/N = Your Mother's Name)

(Y/L/N = Your Last Name)

(Ashley is your step-mom)

The lady nodded and a wave of anger washed over me.

"Well, you're thirteen years too late," I remarked, slowly walking away.

"Y/N, I know, but I came back because I love you," she said, seeming genuine,"Wait, where's your father?"

I turned to look at her, tears threatening.

"He's dead!" I shouted at her, enraged,"He remarried to a child abuser then got diagnosed with cancer and then after he died, the child abuser kicked me out! So, are you happy you left me to suffer?"

She seemed shocked.

"I-I'm so sorry, but where'd you get your clothes then?" she asked, off-topic.

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you were also too late because I've already been given a home by another person. Great timing, eh?"

"Stop talking to me like that," she said sternly,"I'm still your mother."

"Oh cut me the crap. You may be my biological mother, but you're not a real mother. A real mother cares for their child and stays around. They don't just abandon things when it gets too hard. I'll never call you my mother." I snapped.

"Fine, then call me Y/M/N," she gave in.

"I don't need you in my life," I said strongly, turning and running home.

-----------------------
I quickly knocked on the door and was greeted by Mark.

"Hey, did something happen? God, I knew I shouldn't have let you go," Mark seemed to be annoyed at himself.

"Yeah, okay, shut up. I saw my mother...my biological mother in the park," I explained.

"Wh-Really? Why don't you invite her to come inside?" Mark asked.

I gave him the 'Are you an idiot?' look.

"What? What's wrong with that?" Mark asked, putting his hands up in fake surrender.

"Well, for one she left me when I was baby and now she turns up out of the blue, how the hell did she even know I was here?!" I started to ask myself.

"Well, just give her a chance. Did you even ask her why she left?" Mark inquired.

"No..." I gave up.

"Then let her come in and explain. I'll come with you," Mark ordered.

With a sigh I walked back to the park.

-------------------------
I arrived at the park with Mark beside me. I looked around.
She left. Again.

"My point exactly, she never stays around," I said with frustration,"This was stupid."

"Hey, um, I was going to wait 'til later but I guess now is good as ever," Mark said, ushering me to sit down.

I sat down on the bench, confused.

"Amy and I have been talking and we also have to do this if you want to stay," Mark started rambling.

"Mark!" I snapped him out if his rambling.

"Sorry, anyway, would you let us adopt you?" Mark finally asked.

I covered my mouth in surprise. Dejá Vu...it was like when Mark asked if I wanted to come home with him. It would be kinda weird calling him Dad, but I guess I didn't have to.