4

I woke up in bed drowsily to the sound of loud, muffled voices. I got out of bed and walked to open the door, only to the sound of an argument.

"What do you mean?!" I heard Mark shout.

"I mean..."

It all seemed to turn into white noise as I closed the door and sat at my desk which had a laptop situated on it, with a pair of earbuds.

I started up the laptop and decided to go on YouTube. Their fighting reminded me of my fights with my Dad. Trying to explain to him who his new wife actually was - a child abuser. I scrolled through the main page and came across this guy called "Jacksepticeye".

The video was a play-through of a game called Uncharted 4.

"Top of the morning to ya laddies, my name is Jacksepticeye! And welcome to Uncharted 4!" The Irish voice greeted cheerily.

-----------------------
"But thank you guys so much for watching this video! If you liked it, PUNCH that like button in the face...LIKE A BOSS! And...high fives all 'round. *wapush wapush* But thank you guys, and I will see all you dudes...IN THE NEXT VIDEO!!" The green-haired guy, I had discovered was named Jack, screamed his outro.

I took out my earbuds with a smile embedded on my face. I listened out for shouting and fighting. They seemed to have stopped. I decided to get dressed and go out for a run.

I quickly dressed into some shorts and running clothes and sneaked out my room and downstairs. I looked around but it appeared no one was home. Strange.

(I think there's...Stranger Things...going on. ;D)

I quietly opened the front door and walked outside to see Mark sitting on the front lawn, seemingly stressed. I sat down beside him.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Woah, uh, hey," Mark said, a little uneasy.

"I...I heard you fighting this morning," I admitted in a quiet tone.

"Oh, you did? Sorry about that," Mark apologised, running a hand through his ocean blue-dyed hair.

I sat awkwardly next to him, not sure what to do. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know what it's like to fight with someone you love," I tried to comfort him,"and then having no one to talk to about it. So you can talk to me, if you want."

I pulled out of the hug and he looked at me, his chocolate eyes that usually glimmered with excitement and enthusiasm now seemed dead.

"I shouldn't place my problems on you. You're only thirteen for God's sake." Mark half-spoke to himself.

"It's fine, Mark, really it is," I tried to encourage him.

"Don't worry about it, I did something and Amy got upset. It's my fault, I need to go apologise to her. Why did you come out here in the first place?" Mark asked looking at my clothing.

"I was going to go for run," I explained.

"Without neither Amy or I knowing?" Mark questioned.

"Yes, Mark. Why aren't I allowed to go for run by myself, have time to myself? Seriously, you're not my parents, you only took me into your home for god knows why! I'm going to go for a quick run, nothing's going to happen. Now give me a break!" I snapped and quickly ran out of range.

A/N:  give me a kit kat

Mark's POV
I stood up as Y/N ran away quickly until I could no longer see her.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath.

I was responsible for her now, whether she liked it or not. I took her into my home because I cared. Now I'm stuffing up like the idiot I am.

I walked back into the house and found Amy in our bedroom.

"Listen, Amy, I'm sorry," I apologised.

She stood up and walked over to me.

"It's fine, we're both just a bit tired," she patted my chest and gave me a quick kiss.

"Y/N heard our argument this morning and now she's gone out for a run by herself," I quickly explained.

"Look, Mark, we can't control her and  she probably needs a run to freshen up, especially since she heard us fighting this morning. You can't keep trying to stop her. She needs time to herself. Besides, this is a pretty good neighbourhood. Nothing is going to happen to her. Just loosen up, okay?" Amy finished her pep talk.

I sighed and nodded.

"Okay."

Your POV
I continued my run and decided to stop at the nearby park. I sat down on a bench to catch my breath.

Mark is so over-protective, it's ridiculous. Worrying about nothing.

"Y/N!" a voice called. I groaned, assuming it was Captain Over-Protective. Instead it was someone else.

"Do I know you?" I asked perplexed.

"Well, I don't expect you to since I left your when you were just a little baby..."  the lady's voice trailed off.

"Mom?" I asked with wide eyes.